• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Has anyone checked in on the FIRE folks? Lower portfolio + inflation double whammy

Yield Shield and cash bucket.

Of course 95% of FIRE folks could not really afford to FIRE let alone had a couple year's worth of cash and/or a tranch of dividend products that could cover their nut.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What about the Insta people who post pictures of their Rolexes and Lamborghinis, with sage advice about how consistency (momentum investing) and trusting the process (crypto) will reap its rewards?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about the Insta people who post pictures of their Rolexes and Lamborghinis, with sage advice about how consistency (momentum investing) and trusting the process (crypto) will reap its rewards?
I am sure they are all just fine. They appreciate your concern though.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
“It’s the cult of personality — the bombastic, arrogant, Do Kwon attitude — that sucks people in,” said Brad Nickel, who hosts the cryptocurrency podcast “Mission: DeFi.”
i still really struggle to put myself in these people’s shoes when this attitude is exactly what makes me run away

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yield Shield and cash bucket.

Of course 95% of FIRE folks could not really afford to FIRE let alone had a couple year's worth of cash and/or a tranch of dividend products that could cover their nut.
Somehow I don’t think the dudes using single squares of toilet paper to save money have a cash reserve

brokencycle

Reaction score

They're having to fall back to Richmont and McLaren.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somehow I don’t think the dudes using single squares of toilet paper to save money have a cash reserve
The dudes using 0 shares of toilet paper have the big bucks.

Also, lol@selfwipers

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those guys drive me up a wall. If something finally happens after you've spent ten years saying it's imminent, you don't get credit for being a prophet. Timing counts.

lol, to be fair, I did say within 12 months and we are 15 months out. A little different from your example

jack webb

Reaction score
lol, to be fair, I did say within 12 months and we are 15 months out. A little different from your example
Oh, that wasn't aimed at you, but at certain doomsayers - often goldbugs - who've been singing the same song for years and years.

Getting at 15 months what was forecasted to take 12 practically counts as a bullseye in the prediction department.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
964BCFBF-0CF1-4BD9-B870-60A2678233E9.png

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
IMO it's all going to depend on things that cannot really be predicted. How is the land war in Europe going to end? Will global supply chains straighten out or will COVID continue to **** them up? WTF is up with consumer sentiment and the job market? Will the Fed (take credit for) engineering a soft landing?

Pretty easy to paint a scenario where the market continues to drop and we also get stagflation, pretty easy to paint a scenario where the S&P is up 30% next year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics