• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is friend shoring like friend zoning?

and what would nearshoring be for the United States? South America or Europe aren’t near, and Mexico and Canada don’t have a shore facing us.

I actually have a team in Costa Rica that we refer to as the ‘nearshore’ team, but I’m guessing it’s not a big manufacturing source

biden's in south korea today talking supply chains , semiconductors , and compatible values

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I couldn't blame the coming correction on Uncle Joe, this has been building for years and while this may not be the beginning of the bubble bursting, yet, I think it's inevitable in the next 12 months.

I was a few months off, so nothing I say here should be taken seriously from this point out.

That's assuming it was being taken seriously anyway.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heads up to all the old guys on the forum

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ain't no one here got paper hands.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I was a few months off, so nothing I say here should be taken seriously from this point out.

That's assuming it was being taken seriously anyway.

You were calling an S&P 2500 over a year ago. Since then we've had some little things like a large land war in Europe, etc. I'm just saying that I can start calling S&P 5k and at some point I'll be correct.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You were calling an S&P 2500 over a year ago. Since then we've had some little things like a large land war in Europe, etc. I'm just saying that I can start calling S&P 5k and at some point I'll be correct.

I'm not calling out anyone here cause I haven't been on chain long enough.

But I have a similar friend on aforementioned discord chain.

Dude has been calling market collapse for half a decade and right now is trying to preen.

Unless you can call it with some proximity it not even a prediction.

Most of the Doomberg types are the same.

jack webb

Reaction score
Saw some commentary drawing parallels between the current NASDAQ plunge and the dot-com crash of the early 2000s. Not valid in my view. Among today's notable losers are huge and hugely profitable companies such as MSFT and GOOG. In contrast, many of the dot-com bubble stocks were cash incinerators with outlandish valuations and dim prospects of ever becoming profitable. A significant number should never have gone public to begin with. As the body count rose a Website with the inelegant name FuckedCompany kept track of the carnage. I had a friend and co-worker who quit to join a firm that eventually wound up on that honor roll.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those guys drive me up a wall. If something finally happens after you've spent ten years saying it's imminent, you don't get credit for being a prophet. Timing counts.

the only thing that counts is roi for time .

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FuckedCompany was some peak schadenfreude.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm not calling out anyone here cause I haven't been on chain long enough.

But I have a similar friend on aforementioned discord chain.

Dude has been calling market collapse for half a decade and right now is trying to preen.

Unless you can call it with some proximity it not even a prediction.

Most of the Doomberg types are the same.

Gnatty is way smarter than me and in the actual biz in his sector but...no disrespect to his finance acumen...but...

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone checked in on the FIRE folks? Lower portfolio + inflation double whammy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics