• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
But in the moment, would you have known rates were going to decrease? I mean they could go negative in the US which would make the 10-yr at 1.4% look great.

Can anyone ever really know anything like this in the moment in regards to the future? The best anyone can do is evaluate the info and hand and make decisions with bounded rationality.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone ever really know anything like this in the moment in regards to the future? The best anyone can do is evaluate the info and hand and make decisions with bounded rationality.
15% at any point in history seems like a tasty tasty annual growth rate

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Holy ****, talk about volatile. S&P was up about 2% at one point today then closed down 1.23%. Keep in mind that's an index, not an individual ticker. That SPY I bought yesterday was up $6-700 this morning and now it's down almost and equal amount.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only if you're not ape enough to yolo into SHIB.
If I could figure out how, I would buy som
Holy ****, talk about volatile. S&P was up about 2% at one point today then closed down 1.23%. Keep in mind that's an index, not an individual ticker. That SPY I bought yesterday was up $6-700 this morning and now it's down almost and equal amount.
As a guy who has his entire retirement in SPY, I am aware of this fact.

brokencycle

Reaction score

S&P is an index? Have I been stonking all wrong this whole time?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought 3min from close. Got in at a better price for a stock I really like so I am ok with that

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His point is what, that SPY is a less useful referent for the broader market than it was in 2018?

I saw a few quote tweets on this and it was a misleading tweet. The 486 stocks was not just in the S&P universe but on stocks above $5. There were also mentions of market size as well which has increased quite a bit.

The only thing I do know is don't miss earnings in this environment or you get axed. Hell even making earnings estimates can hit your stock price.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads