• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of cash to deploy at the moment, only my untouchable cash reserves and my tendies bankroll. Mrs. Piob has a nice five figure disbursement from her former employer's EOSP before EOY though, and of course, the remainder of 2021's payroll deductions.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of cash to deploy at the moment, only my untouchable cash reserves and my tendies bankroll. Mrs. Piob has a nice five figure disbursement from her former employer's EOSP before EOY though, and of course, the remainder of 2021's payroll deductions.
She's going to let you play with her tendies?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That will roll into her rollover IRA and Imma think it's headed into LTC. My hope is that's enough seeding of that ticker so we have about 100k of it in eight years. I'm seeding PDI this year in my accounts with the same goal. The plan is to seed two dividend tickers each year, for the next eight years, with enough that projections indicate about 100k in each for 2030.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new gig gave me a sign on of 100% current bonus + my LTI payout + a little extra. I get that in October and will likely save 75% of it then spend some the rest.

Paying for the landscaping guys to maintain the flower beds from here on out which I did myself this year. Didn't realize how much ongoing maintenance there was after the initial work. Should have paid up this year.

jack webb

Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today's WSJ says fears re Evergrande stem from a growing belief among investors that the CCP will let if fail.

And maybe they will.

Or maybe they will blink.
I was just talking to my friend about this. I think the CCP will make all of the Chinese workers whole along with any Chinese apartment buyer. Chinese bank debt/loan holders will be made whole through back door loans while any investor will be wiped out.

dhoff10

Reaction score
IMO this is the most compelling take on Evergrande.

The main take away is that the view of bailout or Lehman moment is the wrong lens. The CCP is unlikely to just forgive or resolve the situation as they induced it in the first place, and they also won't allow it to be a catastrophic liquidity freeze. Instead it may be the worst case scenario, which is a long grind as the huge amount of assets are gradually transferred to new owners. This would result in a continuing slowdown in Chinese property development, which unfortunately is a large part of global GDP.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
PDI = Pimco Dividend Income?

jack webb

Reaction score
IMO this is the most compelling take on Evergrande.

The main take away is that the view of bailout or Lehman moment is the wrong lens. The CCP is unlikely to just forgive or resolve the situation as they induced it in the first place, and they also won't allow it to be a catastrophic liquidity freeze. Instead it may be the worst case scenario, which is a long grind as the huge amount of assets are gradually transferred to new owners. This would result in a continuing slowdown in Chinese property development, which unfortunately is a large part of global GDP.

An interesting & plausible take, except it seems counter to the CCP's implicit (albeit coerced) deal with the citizenry: leave political power in our hands and we'll deliver steadily rising living standards. At the moment I'm more partial to @Texasmade's comment above. I think they'll look for a resolution that, to the greatest extent possible, harms the average guy/gal the least while imposing the greatest costs on investors and (preferably) foreigners.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The two scenarios are not entirely mutually exclusive.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new gig gave me a sign on of 100% current bonus + my LTI payout + a little extra. I get that in October and will likely save 75% of it then spend some the rest.

Paying for the landscaping guys to maintain the flower beds from here on out which I did myself this year. Didn't realize how much ongoing maintenance there was after the initial work. Should have paid up this year.
I am no longer giving you discounts in my bids in the house thread

Hell of a new gig man, congrats!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An interesting & plausible take, except it seems counter to the CCP's implicit (albeit coerced) deal with the citizenry: leave political power in our hands and we'll deliver steadily rising living standards. At the moment I'm more partial to @Texasmade's comment above. I think they'll look for a resolution that, to the greatest extent possible, harms the average guy/gal the least while imposing the greatest costs on investors and (preferably) foreigners.
Any sovereign wealth fund is going to be fucked.

Also the owners/executive team of Evergrande will probably be executed by firing squad. None of this Russian style defenestration. China doesn't **** around.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Any sovereign wealth fund is going to be fucked.

Also the owners/executive team of Evergrande will probably be executed by firing squad. None of this Russian style defenestration. China doesn't **** around.

Do you think they still charge the families for the bullet? Or have they gone soft?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads