• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, idiots. You don't sell CC on a huge down day. That's when you sell CSP's.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Indeed. Speaking of which just sold some on my NCLH. I'll admit owning this has not gone as planned as Delta variant is not doing wonders for travel type stocks and the premiums are not all that. Still, I'll hold these bags indefinitely as I'm confident there's a pop in there somewhere in the next 12-24 months.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did we miss the Bowlero SPAC? Somehow roughly 300 bowling alleys generate $850M and is going to be valued at $2-3B.

First, how is the average bowling alley bringing in $2.8M? I tried to find one near some places I have been and can't believe these numbers. There must be some city in American where one of these alley's are just raking in the cash.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Bowling alleys are always a fairly depressing place.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That strategy has been in use for some time. I have to admit I think many people are like Charlie Brown having the football snatched by Lucy. No matter what legislation is enacted people are going to figure out a workaround. Even people with only a little more money than Joe Sixpack figure out workarounds. Back when I was still a CEO that had a charitable foundation under me the new Trump/Repub taxes immediately created the two year giving cycle of 0%/200%. People would give nothing year one, and double year two, so they could get over the basic exemption cap and get some itemization through donations in a two year cycle.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That strategy has been in use for some time. I have to admit I think many people are like Charlie Brown having the football snatched by Lucy. No matter what legislation is enacted people are going to figure out a workaround. Even people with only a little more money than Joe Sixpack figure out workarounds. Back when I was still a CEO that had a charitable foundation under me the new Trump/Repub taxes immediately created the two year giving cycle of 0%/200%. People would give nothing year one, and double year two, so they could get over the basic exemption cap and get some itemization through donations in a two year cycle.

A friend once summed it up brilliantly, "the smartest person in the room is never going to work for the government."

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Crazy week. When I sell a CC I automatically put in a BTC order of .01 or .05 (depending on the way they're priced you have to go in .05 increments.) Monday a bunch of 8/20 calls closed out. Today I'm reselling 8/20 CCs on a bunch of things. Double dipping the tendies!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Port at new ATH. Life is good.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did we miss the Bowlero SPAC? Somehow roughly 300 bowling alleys generate $850M and is going to be valued at $2-3B.

First, how is the average bowling alley bringing in $2.8M? I tried to find one near some places I have been and can't believe these numbers. There must be some city in American where one of these alley's are just raking in the cash.
I heard the phrase topgolf of bowling be used in reference to Bowlero

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads