• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Looking like I'll be closing out my IBM diagonal spreads this week. My shorts are 4/23 and at 135 and 136. Longs are July 125s and 120.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
All IBM spreads closed for nice tendies. Bought more LEAPS for DR Horton cheaper than I bought my first LEAPS there. Will wait for a green day to sell a call against it.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sold May 75c on ALK against my LEAP this morning.

Trying to get an entry point back into IBM but no luck. Sept 120c at 19 limit but worked itself up to bid of 23 yesterday. GTC. :(

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Opened a diagonal debit spread on PTON. The stock was savaged about 20% in the last week due to some treadmill accidents but I think that damage is over. Two week hold, 16.5% ROC if it goes right.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My CSP's on various tech stocks are doing much better after yesterday and today. Went from going to lose tendies to not lose anything now.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I see quite a bit of handwringing going on with projections of upwards of $200 billion of stock about to get sold prior to the new CGT hike.

brokencycle

Reaction score
People are idiots. The bill is going to apply to the entire tax year. Sell now, and you'll still get taxed.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
People just care about the deficit all of a sudden, and of course, those same people are doom and gloom over any tax hike.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see some VCs on Twitter now saying this is Trickle Up Taxation and the money will be spent on the military. If these VCs wanted a market to go after, Medicare fraud and abuse is an easy target with a big TAM. Also, if you somehow think you have clout because you are an ex-employee at a FAANG company, you are likely lacking in some area that you need that to follow you around everywhere. It's almost like you "went to a school in the NE"...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see some VCs on Twitter now saying this is Trickle Up Taxation and the money will be spent on the military. If these VCs wanted a market to go after, Medicare fraud and abuse is an easy target with a big TAM. Also, if you somehow think you have clout because you are an ex-employee at a FAANG company, you are likely lacking in some area that you need that to follow you around everywhere. It's almost like you "went to a school in the NE"...
Those VC's are stupid as **** when it comes to dealing with actual people. Also there's no way a D controlled President and Congress is going to spend more on military.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads