• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
******** around and bought $500 in doge a couple of months ago at an average price of about 4.8 cents. It started spiking again this morning, so I decided to put a sell order at 10x. It hit 48 cents for a few seconds earlier today, so I cashed out. Totally random that 10x my investment happened to be the peak ... for now.

So stupid, but whatever. I’ll take the money and do something else stupid with it now.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this ****** article comparing incomes from 30k-200k living in Jackson Hole:

Only two of those 4 people should actually be included. One guy earning $72kl explicitly doesn't live in Jackson Hole. Its not fun to say "How do you make it work on $72k in the highest income county in the USA" and then say "I make it work by not actually living there"

The other guy sold his companies, retired and now lives on 200k+. That doesn't count either--that's just what he's drawing from his savings each year. So of course he answers:
1618595954276.png

Yeah...because he's an old retired rich guy. A $200k working stiff family living in Teton County would probably still be like "I'd like to be able to buy a house big enough for each my my kids to have their own bedroom"

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
When I was 30 my favorite of a few different jobs was valet parking cars three lunches a week at one of Detroit's "power lunch" places. I'd make $80-120 in cash (less on Mondays, more on Fridays) and got a free lunch. I was driving a used Ford Ranger, manual, with the BBFA package (bare balls, **** all.)

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on the article, she is going to run out of money.
You think so? I didn't get that. I just got that she was insane. She wanted to call the guy she lost her virginity to and tell him her net worth. Very odd

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on her lifestyle but having a dog cardiologist, which points towards frivolous spending, she may run out.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
IDK, she pretty much lays out she's cheap, she's not generous, and the only thing she'll spend money on is her dog. Pretty sure Gordon Gekko has something to say about that.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That article is more about her cognitive dissonance over not feeling she really earned the windfall than it is about what she's going to do with it. Sometimes you get hit with the lucky stick -- absorb it, be grateful, live your life for **** sake.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a business article that thing is rambling nonsense

as an assessment of the wealth management industry it’s not worth your time unless you’re the kind of person that makes huge life decision after reading an anecdote or two from an anonymous source

as a human interest story it’s fine. The 08 crash has affected millennials in some really freaky ways. I don’t know what the equivalent of that is for us Gen Xers. Maybe 9/11? I was really bummed out when the Challenger exploded but I don’t think the experience shaped me...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
For Gen X I don't think it was a single event that impacted so many of us but rather growing up being constantly told the world would end in nuclear conflagration while we were still young adults. Early memories of the world heading towards dystopia are pretty clear. Where I lived the sweeping changes in the auto industry, and the economic displacement throughout the Rust Belt, meshed perfectly with much of the media I consumed, from popular music to science fiction. The 80s were in some ways a pretty dark time to come of age.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anonymous? People like that piss me off. Go work a soup kitchen or something to try to make your gifted wealth feel better instead of bitching about wealth managers.

Speaking of money managers, we finally spoke with ours yesterday. Turns out we made quite a bit off the gamestop craze as our small cap index held shares. LOL! ????

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anonymous? People like that piss me off. Go work a soup kitchen or something to try to make your gifted wealth feel better instead of bitching about wealth managers.

Speaking of money managers, we finally spoke with ours yesterday. Turns out we made quite a bit off the gamestop craze as our small cap index held shares. LOL! ????

Way to join @Piobaire and me on the tendies!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
******** around and bought $500 in doge a couple of months ago at an average price of about 4.8 cents. It started spiking again this morning, so I decided to put a sell order at 10x. It hit 48 cents for a few seconds earlier today, so I cashed out. Totally random that 10x my investment happened to be the peak ... for now.

So stupid, but whatever. I’ll take the money and do something else stupid with it now.
Do you have a brother?

1618695469375.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads