• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Another busy morning. I'm in the MOGO and RBLX business today.

tendies.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
RBLX moving nicely. Due next Friday and I'm already at 25% max profit.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my first payroll deduction for my 403b had to hunt around quite a bit to find a 403b plan that would allow me to invest in mutual funds (that's as good as it gets in 403b, I think), as most are limited to annuity products. Just putting everything in VFAIX, which is Vanguard's S&P index mutual fund, expense ratio is like .03% which is way lower than I was expecting for a mutual fund.

Feels good to nearly have things on auto pilot for some time. Taxable accounts are already squared away. Still need to consolidate my wife's outstanding 401ks from her previous jobs, but that's a matter of convenience & organization, not investment strategy. Got a 529 set up for my urchin.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Bro, I had a 403(b) for 15 years and had no idea most are limited to annuities. At no time could I not own mutual funds. Good work on the S&P fund though and that's a good expense ratio as an index fund should be.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems most retirement plans have at least one or two cheap ER funds like the S&P and maybe a bond fund. The rest are whatever they decided to throw in that cost 0.5% or more.

So Coinbase is going public and have almost $2B in rev which comes from fees to transact in crypto. Does anyone else find it ironic there is a tax on you to transact in crypto because the underlying pipes/framework cannot handle larger volumes? The crypto guys say it is fine because the tax it worth it, but it is a tax none the less. Whoever first said crypto is a Religion is correct...

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bro, I had a 403(b) for 15 years and had no idea most are limited to annuities. At no time could I not own mutual funds. Good work on the S&P fund though and that's a good expense ratio as an index fund should be.
Hmm, maybe it’s just the list of participating companies I was given was awful. Most teachers in my state are probably not participating in the 403b anyways.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I tried to open an M1 finance account...

I'm now past the 3-week point on waiting for my ACATS transfer to go through.

I am sure they are getting a lot of robinhood refugees or whatever...but this is not boding well for my experience with the platform. Especially because I'm assuming that the robo-advisor portfolio I am transferring over is substantially larger than all of the $5k robinhood transfers they are processing...

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought some CCL just before close yesterday. I wish I'd followed my gut and bought a year or so ago when it was at its nadir, but the cruise industry was way too iffy for me back then (and I'm pretty risk tolerant). Today's pop was nice, and I figure I'll hold awhile now that it looks like CCL is going survive until they can cruise again.

brokencycle

Reaction score
So I tried to open an M1 finance account...

I'm now past the 3-week point on waiting for my ACATS transfer to go through.

I am sure they are getting a lot of robinhood refugees or whatever...but this is not boding well for my experience with the platform. Especially because I'm assuming that the robo-advisor portfolio I am transferring over is substantially larger than all of the $5k robinhood transfers they are processing...

I moved since cash to Fidelity and they let me start trading the next day. Cash allegedly will be settled within a week.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm really debating about closing out my CCL debit spread I opened Monday as it would give me a quick $650 today.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I moved since cash to Fidelity and they let me start trading the next day. Cash allegedly will be settled within a week.

To be clear, the $1000 I deposited from my bank to earn a $30 bonus went into my account as expected and can be traded.

But what about the six figures worth of shares I wanted to move over to get out of my old broker that started charging an AUM fee? That's supposed to be 3-6 days.

At this rate its going to cost me an extra $70 in fees at the old broker because I've stayed invested for another month (and they take their "annual" fee in monthly increments). Sure, that's small relative to the value of the account, but I'd sure rather have $70 in my pocket than in the pocket of a firm I am trying to cut ties with...

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@otc I moved real money and positions to M1 and it cleared within 6 days. PMing you contact info of a real person there.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i recall Drucker making the point that health systems make an object of disease, not patients. something along those lines.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
ATM 4/23 diagonal spread on IBM will yield $210 at a strike of $135 or over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads