• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Back to what matters...

Achieved some minor tendies this morning and hoping for more but I think I missed my chance on a RBLX CSP this morning.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
My biggest beef with the FI community is that it seems to become the sole identity for so many folks. I’m aiming for some form of FIRE (still many, many years out) and constantly remind myself that I’ll need to be have something that keeps me going once work isn’t taking up the majority of my time as it does today.

and to not make a dumb decision like they did and pull the trigger way too early.

I'm 53, I started working on my semi-retirement career plan to become a ski instructor 5 years ago. I'm taking a test in 2 weeks in a specialization that will all but guarantee my employability. I won't be making a lot but I'll have something to do that interests me and provides some income.

Now the question is: how long can I stand the daily grind before I just say ******* and torch all of my bridges to the ******* ground.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow sounds good right now.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm 53, I started working on my semi-retirement career plan to become a ski instructor 5 years ago.
I’m a bit younger than you, but i want to take this as motivation/a self-kick ********** to have a plan other than passive wealth accumulation

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
You can make tendies and FI today!

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My plan is to work at a small hardware store or a plant nursery. Nothing too exciting but get to shoot the **** with people as they come to buy a single washer or find the perfect plant for their garden.
The dream of the 1940s. I love it. I am a big fan of this retirement plan as well.

chickenfark

Reaction score
My plan is to work at a small hardware store or a plant nursery. Nothing too exciting but get to shoot the **** with people as they come to buy a single washer or find the perfect plant for their garden.

Annie's Ace!

I'm 53, I started working on my semi-retirement career plan to become a ski instructor 5 years ago. I'm taking a test in 2 weeks in a specialization that will all but guarantee my employability. I won't be making a lot but I'll have something to do that interests me and provides some income.

Now the question is: how long can I stand the daily grind before I just say ******* and torch all of my bridges to the ******* ground.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow sounds good right now.

sounds amazing. I've thought about doing something similar with hiking/outdoorsing. Nowhere near competent enough currently, but a good thought to work towards and a great excuse to get outside more

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I’m a bit younger than you, but i want to take this as motivation/a self-kick ********** to have a plan other than passive wealth accumulation

What if this cuts into your car budget?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
plant nursery

On my list as well. I'll need something to do in the summer after all.

What if this cuts into your car budget?

A huge chunk of my discretionary spending goes into books. I'd have to curtail that entirely, but we can live off the proceeds of selling the collection for a couple of years if we have to.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is it not illegal for banks to try and coordinate a controlled selloff to not drive the price of a stock too far down?
It is, they just control the levers of power.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I’d like to figure out how to become a mystery shopper at hotels and resorts

A guy I went to high school was able to do something like this, he got a degree in hospitality and eventually worked for a high end event planning outfit checking out properties as a sort of advance scout. I literally stopped following his Facebook feed because I started to resent the steady stream of updates from 5 star resorts in exotic locations.

brokencycle

Reaction score
A guy I went to high school was able to do something like this, he got a degree in hospitality and eventually worked for a high end event planning outfit checking out properties as a sort of advance scout. I literally stopped following his Facebook feed because I started to resent the steady stream of updates from 5 star resorts in exotic locations.

Last time I was job searching, I saw a posting for a product manager at a place called Abercrombie & Kent, which is a high-end travel agency, and the job sounded a bit like that. Doing a lot of traveling to find cool hotels, working with local groups to build unique experiences, etc. It sounded super cool.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my master plan after college was to find a finance dept job in a us-owned resort in coastal mexico, get paid in dollars, and spend in pesos. my exit adviser or whatever he was was pretty impressed lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads