• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean if they are slapping the RadioShack name on a generic website, it could draw some attention. My last memories of a RadioShack were went they went to basically a cell phone store...

They were better as a make your own phone store.

Maybe they can play on nostalgia like everyone else is and start selling Tandy t-shirts or something.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
When I was in about grade three I was given a crystal radio build kit from there for an Xmas gift. Coolest thing ever and I lie in bed listening to the CBC on the ear piece at night.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1616639511278.png

brokencycle

Reaction score
My NFT is making and selling its own NFTs. If you buy one, yours will also do the same, but I require a 10% cut of anything your NFT sells.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the suez thing is really making me consider the value of cheap money

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My NFT is making and selling its own NFTs. If you buy one, yours will also do the same, but I require a 10% cut of anything your NFT sells.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I fear this may be a short-term negative for tendie sales?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Acktually...it's more the low VIX that's the problem. Tendies are best made when the VIX is high.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got into RBLX and added to a couple of longer term single stocks. In total only 5% of portfolio.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Thinking of my last post I thought I'd say what I'm trying to do making the tendies but want to preface this with saying I know there are high level finance guys here way more versed in this stuff than me. I'm keeping it simple at the moment but will expand into other trading strategies over the next few months, i.e. iron condors, etc.

My basic play is selling low delta options and making my money off theta. As we all know every option ends with up with zero theta so I'm making my tendies off the decaying value of time. As the extrinsic value of options tends to be higher with increased volatility there's more money to be made selling the time value.

Hope that makes sense.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been there. Once day traded Euro style day options. They where an anomaly in that they expired in a day. It was an easy play to set up iron condors, or leave them open and cover them with futures if the market ran through them.

Be mindful that you’re now operating in a market where volatility is currently decaying. At that point it’s as easy as it gets, but volatility usually returns with a bang without warning, then one rushed wrong move can cost a lot. The other thing to keep in mind is that transaction costs can eat up quite a bit of your profit over time, depending on your broker. My experience is however dated, this was over a decade ago.

Fwiw, I will not get into it again. I prefer stock picking and leaving it at that. I’m spending way too much time behind a screen already to want to to this regularly again.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm just messing around with an insignificant amount of money but having fun doing it. Just today I moved more money out of my cash reserves, now that I have a paycheque again, and bought another tranch of SPY with a 15-20 year hold period planned. I'm never not going to be a buy and hold index guy.

I pay 65 cents a contract with Fidelity so I'm not overly worried about the costs. I understand than in many Euro countries you also have to pay some sort of transaction tax?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My RBLX buy is up 10% today. I wonder at what point Vanguard would flag the account for PDT if I sold today as well? I mean I have over $25K in it which is the usual minimum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads