• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, you're a little outside the target demographic.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Decided that it was finally time to dump that Ethereum I've been holding for years:
1596294483598.png

All in all, I roughly doubled my money, so my dabble in crypto wasn't really a failure....but that's nothing compared to what I would have had if I had just dumped it anywhere near the peak.

Last edited:

brokencycle

Reaction score
Decided that it was finally time to dump that Ethereum I've been holding for years:
View attachment 1434232

All in all, I roughly doubled my money, so my dabble in crypto wasn't really a failure....but that's nothing compared to what I would have had if I had just dumped it anywhere near the peak.

Thanks for saying something. I haven't looked at the price in awhile. It has really shot up the last few days.

Now might be the time for me to get out too. I bought at $220.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys putting your cash in bonds? Il thinking if I want to take on companies’ fiscal risks by purchasing even investment grade stuff during these times, then I might as well have not sold their stock. But then to minimize risk, you’ve got to go US Treasuries, which have the same yield as the money market... :confused2:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All my new money goes half international half S&P. S&P due to ****** options with wife’s 401k and international because it is a cheap option in my 401k outside of S&P or bonds

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well, a couple of things. You also buy bonds for the dividends and the pricing isn't as volatile as is with equities. On top of that at least bonds are higher up in seniority in case of bankruptcy. But you're right, if you want the "risk free rate," that's next to zero right now. Why not put it all in a "high interest" online CD or savings? Or buy some rental property? Oh, wait...no such thing as high interest these days and renters can't pay landlords these days...

You know I'm a ****** investor, and you paid nothing for these observations, so value them for what you paid for them.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for saying something. I haven't looked at the price in awhile. It has really shot up the last few days.

Now might be the time for me to get out too. I bought at $220.
Yeah, I hadn't checked since early COVID, but some Reddit post jogged my memory and I was pleasantly surprised.

I had bought one of those hardware wallets, so it took my a little while to remember my access codes and get everything transferred back to an exchange... But now it is all done.

... Well at least until next April when I have to pay taxes on my gains...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dammit, its already up another 3.5%!!!

I need to shut myself off and stop looking so I don't have seller's remorse.

If you want my completely useless prediction, I suspect it will go above $400 sometime in the near future, but will also end up back within the 200-250 or lower range within a few months. I don't trust that prediction enough to not just capture my gains right now but...who knows.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
All profits are good profits; don't second guess yourself.

brokencycle

Reaction score
dammit, its already up another 3.5%!!!

I need to shut myself off and stop looking so I don't have seller's remorse.

If you want my completely useless prediction, I suspect it will go above $400 sometime in the near future, but will also end up back within the 200-250 or lower range within a few months. I don't trust that prediction enough to not just capture my gains right now but...who knows.

Yeah, and it is very momentum traded. I'm going to watch it over the next few days. Any sign of dropping, and I'm out. If it gets up to the mid 400s somehow I'll be out too.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Following up on the Kodak thing...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Who would have thought draining the swamp would make so many millions for various Trump cronies?

?‍♂️

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Following up on the Kodak thing...

Just happened to be granted the day before?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads