• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
something like 6 months - 1 year minimum

My recent guesstimate was that it would take 3 years to vaccinate 50% of the global population. Manufacturing and distributing 4.5 billion doses won’t happen fast, or evenly.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
There is of course a billion unknowns, but if one were paying attention to Fauci's comments this week, they're already stockpiling the vaccines in trial and should have 100 million if it clears FDA approval around November with over 200 million to give by early 2021. That's just US production.

I think I have a fairly decent handle this isn't a snap of the fingers but am commenting on what I believe "the market" is counting on.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working in pharma for one of those companies that is making a vaccine (but not working on it myself) and knowing quite a bit about the overall manufacturing process, don't bet the farm on millions of doses being available in October or January, even if they are made. Plus, I personally wouldn't take a rushed vaccine with limited trials until lots and lots of other people have done it, but your mileage may vary

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
They're doing 30k in Phase III, no?

Guccinski L.V.

Reaction score
I am not sure what NYSE is 'counting' on or 'pricing in' , I think they are all delusional. Market was overpriced in November December 2019 and was expected to go into recession in 2020. 11 Years of continuous expansion was getting too long in a tooth and many analysts were predicting 20% contraction. Valuations were out of wack. And then we got WW Economic shut down, pandemia and riots on the streets now. Most economists predict that 20 to 40% of unemployed would have to be re-trained as they would not have the same jobs to go back to after economy reopens. Many businesses are going bankrupt and those that manage to survive will reopen to a much smaller revenue and consumer demand. The fact that people who lost jobs are low wage workers is not very relevant or should I say dismissing them based on that factor is shortsighted as they are the ones that drive consumer demand by spending most of their earnings instead of stashing them in stocks. So ,imho, low wage unemployed will have dramatic negative effect on consumer demand. In the best case scenario we will reopen to the US economy that is 80% of its former self. Does market price all of this in? I am not even talking about supply chain disruption with Asia and recession in EU zone. UK will be a basket case economically once they are on another side of the pandemic.
The NYSE will go down in flames.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So you have a punch of puts in play?

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're doing 30k in Phase III, no?
It is the time from start to finish that has me worried. most vaccines take much longer than this to develop, AND they evolve over time often. Even if it is just little tweaks. So a fast study with a larger group is good sure... But I would rather wait longer personally before I trust it.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We’ll get the vaccine just in time for COVID20

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What happened to the first 18?

?‍♂️

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
There is of course a billion unknowns, but if one were paying attention to Fauci's comments this week, they're already stockpiling the vaccines in trial and should have 100 million if it clears FDA approval around November with over 200 million to give by early 2021. That's just US production.

I think I have a fairly decent handle this isn't a snap of the fingers but am commenting on what I believe "the market" is counting on.

interesting that hcq was strongly dismissed but it turns out the firm had no basis for the clai

meanwhile gilead will stand to make $4-7bn on remdesivir

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I am not sure what NYSE is 'counting' on or 'pricing in' , I think they are all delusional. Market was overpriced in November December 2019 and was expected to go into recession in 2020. 11 Years of continuous expansion was getting too long in a tooth and many analysts were predicting 20% contraction. Valuations were out of wack. And then we got WW Economic shut down, pandemia and riots on the streets now. Most economists predict that 20 to 40% of unemployed would have to be re-trained as they would not have the same jobs to go back to after economy reopens. Many businesses are going bankrupt and those that manage to survive will reopen to a much smaller revenue and consumer demand. The fact that people who lost jobs are low wage workers is not very relevant or should I say dismissing them based on that factor is shortsighted as they are the ones that drive consumer demand by spending most of their earnings instead of stashing them in stocks. So ,imho, low wage unemployed will have dramatic negative effect on consumer demand. In the best case scenario we will reopen to the US economy that is 80% of its former self. Does market price all of this in? I am not even talking about supply chain disruption with Asia and recession in EU zone. UK will be a basket case economically once they are on another side of the pandemic.
The NYSE will go down in flames.
Good time to lower dat basis.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
More money has been made averaging down than you can shake a stick at.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads