• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate this stupid rally even more now that I got out of it because it was less stupid just a month ago.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Give it a few weeks and you’ll be laughing at the rest of us

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've still got my Cheshire grin over my SPY purchase and 50% of the profits sold off and into a nice, tame bond fund. Not gonna lie, easily the single biggest buy of my life and my nuts felt down around my ankles when that limit order was filled.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good feedback. So you’re saying I need a plan B. If I were a better track driver I’d try to instruct for PCA or something...

salesman wouldn’t work, thatjob has actual responsibility and quotas and **** :laugh:

I think my retirement work might be grunt-level IT support drone. Not higher up in the chain where you are actually responsible for anything or have to admin systems. Just bottom line where you set up new laptops, fix dumb computer problems, and plug in new accessories/handle office moves while shooting the ****.

We've got this old guy who has been around forever. He was like--the guy who knew how to work the ancient PBX phone system and make sure your HP financial calculator had fresh batteries and now that we've switched to a modern Cisco phone system and everyone uses computers, he's just become the least helpful IT guy.

I always contemplate hanging up when he answers the IT helpline (because I only call when I have real problems that either can't be solved on my end or can't be solved with Google), but when your IT problem is that you can't remember your password or that your keyboard doesn't work anymore, he's your guy!

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds awful at least thinking of it from the viewpoint of places where I've worked. I had an outstanding ticket at my current job for months and no one could fix it. One day, I get a random call and the guy knew how to fix my issue. I found the fix via Google but it also needed admin rights and a company specific process to complete...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would have to be the right office.

Needs to have the right level of dysfunction that I can coast by, without being a clusterfuck that I would feel responsible for.

Basically I just want to be this guy in my office. Always "testing" new hardware and phones...have what must be the sweetest web-browsing setup in the office, get to spend a lot of time at the coffee machine, work limited hours and never on call. I'd find setting up some new hire's desk, plugging everything in, organizing the cables, etc. relaxing.

Only problem is that I'd have to get way more in to pro sports in order to make the best use of my ****-shooting time.

Joytropics

Reaction score
who does the stock market think are going to go on these carnivals when people can't pay rent?

It's amazing how long companies can stay afloat when the Fed keeps the printing presses humming.

The market is rigged, but it doesn't mean you can't play. You just can't bet against the ones rigging it.

In practice that means long American large-cap equities.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Market is booming today on news of people not being able to pay rent, eat, or stay out past 8pm due to curfews.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads