• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It’s just index funds but you should see the % some of my tranches from the 90s have. It’s proof that long term index investing works.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
#YOLO...I did it.

I no longer have any individual stocks in my IRA.
Still have some Google and Bank of America in my taxable account (sold the rest there in 2018), but I gotta think whether it makes more sense to realize the tax this year or hold off. I might have some realized loss carryover from 2019, but I won't know for sure until I do my taxes.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like that my brokerage is reporting that my "Cash and Cash Alternatives" position just grew by 114,772,233.33%

Very helpful.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Next question: now that I don't own any individual stocks...do I just move my IRA over to a robo-advisor?

Why spend my time re-balancing (which I will certainly put off and do inefficiently) if a computer can do it for me? Or maybe save that until the next recession when firms get desperate go back to offering big bonuses to roll over your accounts.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Next question: now that I don't own any individual stocks...do I just move my IRA over to a robo-advisor?

Why spend my time re-balancing (which I will certainly put off and do inefficiently) if a computer can do it for me? Or maybe save that until the next recession when firms get desperate go back to offering big bonuses to roll over your accounts.

Don't rebalance ever. Problem solved.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
YOLO it all into Tesla and Virgin Galactic. Everyone else is.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
How about all into dat Initiative Q?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
30-year Treasury yield just hit an all-time low. I feel like that’s a big deal, but can’t really articulate why.

C7E0B610-9D5F-4676-BF19-0BB3976B8947.png

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It means we can do whatever we want. All this worrying about debt and deficits is meaningless. Just go forth, spend, and enjoy.

That or it means something terrible.
Deficits, debt, and spending only matter when Democrats are in charge and spend the money on social programs. Then Republicans care about deficits and debt. When they're in charge and spend the money on the military or tax cuts for rich people, it's all good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads