• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's doing this this week, boys?
Thinking of a punt on TTM or VLKAY. I know F is probably a better play but I missed its Dec move.

You're doing this post the Clint Eastwood Super Bowl Commercial?? C'mon man, America. Love it!!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You're doing this post the Clint Eastwood Super Bowl Commercial?? C'mon man, America. Love it!!

Shiiiiiit. I'm always on the side of America: G Washington, A Lincoln, brothers Hamilton & Jackson and specially Ben Franklin. If that involves investment abroad, so be it, as long as the Benjamin's keep flowing my way.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Do you think there is a new awakening by consumers regarding the American Automotive Industry?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^ Do you think there is a new awakening by consumers regarding the American Automotive Industry?

Yes, a bit. And F is by far the strongest positioned in terms of its quality and products, but its global exposure is high. Although, I hear that Chevy Volt is doing very well.

Thats why I like VW, good quality, diversified (Scania, Bentley, etc) and Audi sales continue to kick ass (I happen to drive an Audi).

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, a bit. And F is by far the strongest positioned in terms of its quality and products, but its global exposure is high. Although, I hear that Chevy Volt is doing very well.
Thats why I like VW, good quality, diversified (Scania, Bentley, etc) and Audi sales continue to kick ass (I happen to drive an Audi).

S6 I presume. I was actually thinking about getting an A4 in December. How do you like your car?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What does taking a punt mean

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its when you kick the ball off on 4th down. A pooch punt is when a ******** queefs.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GLUU smashed estimates yesterday, non-GAAP revs over estimates by around 3 million, losses at 2 cents a share, estimated at 10 cents. IMO proved Freemium model DOES work, stock up to 4.30 on high volume right now. At this rate we'll be profitable by next quarter. New analyst rankings coming in. Looks like we got bumped from a 6 to an 8 dollar target.

w00t.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsav...bile-shares-jump-on-strong-q4-thanks-zombies/

Last edited:

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GLUU smashed estimates yesterday, non-GAAP revs over estimates by around 3 million, losses at 2 cents a share, estimated at 10 cents. IMO proved Freemium model DOES work, stock up to 4.30 on high volume right now. At this rate we'll be profitable by next quarter. New analyst rankings coming in. Looks like we got bumped from a 6 to an 8 dollar target.
w00t.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsav...bile-shares-jump-on-strong-q4-thanks-zombies/

What did you get in at GLUU at?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha, 5.73 :(

I was a dummy and bought in right before we lost our AAA status. Had I waited...I could have got in at the high 2s.

Their games are already scalable for Apple TV, were on Kindle Fire at launch, I have no prob holding.

The Nightworld and Rogue Racing games were big letdowns....but Stardom is (unexpectedly to me) rocking and making up for that. Never underestimate the power of games marketed to teenage girls.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

S6 I presume. I was actually thinking about getting an A4 in December. How do you like your car?

Nah, A8. I'd be a risk with a faster car. Love it, drives like an airplane.

Means you are making a small investment looking for a home run, not a small safe return.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Means you are making a small investment looking for a home run, not a small safe return.

I guess my whole portfolio is a punt then.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, remember when I said I was bearish on Groupon?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hey, remember when I said I was bearish on Groupon?

HOLY CRAP. Knew it was a dog, but didn't know the fleas would be that bad.

Looking at Akami now. May enter on a pullback.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads