• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So what, are those thanksgiving-table-chatter buyers just now starting to realize there are other cryptocurrencies?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What % are you guys holding in international equity? Currently holding ~15%, wondering if I should bump it up a bit.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
According to Personal Capital, I am at abouit 21% international stocks (plus 1% international bonds and 1% international REIT).

What does Ethereum count as?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just see how high the PE ratios are for domestic and it makes me want to hedge a bit.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should we have a 'traditional' investing thread and a 'crypto' thread? (feel like some people might just not be interested/turned off by all the crypto talk)

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So what, are those thanksgiving-table-chatter buyers just now starting to realize there are other cryptocurrencies?
No way, it's another sign institutional money is pouring in, hedge funds, etc. I've never seen anything like this. 6 months ago currencies were taking leaps and retracing their moves looking for support. Now the moves just stick with hardly any retracement at all.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just see how high the PE ratios are for domestic and it makes me want to hedge a bit.
I was initially 20% international at the start of the year. I adjusted this for a more European focus (10% Euro, 10% Total International) then added a 4% Emerging Markets position. Overall, international has been good this year but I have recently been underperforming vs. the S&P. The S&P is 6% higher vs. EM, 2.5% higher vs. Euro focused, and 1.5% higher than total international. The S&P has just had a hell of a year.

I will likely rebalance into the new year as I didn't rebalance in June and let me international position run so it is a few percentage higher than my target asset allocation.

I am fine with Crypto staying in this thread. Can we add it to the thread title somehow?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should we have a 'traditional' investing thread and a 'crypto' thread? (feel like some people might just not be interested/turned off by all the crypto talk)
Yeah, but then we can't gloat.

bings

Reaction score
you guys also need to start looking at the weed stock market in Canada that is also traded on the OTC in the US.

the gains are almost as significant as digital currencies but the fundamentals and liquidity is far superior.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you guys also need to start looking at the weed stock market in Canada that is also traded on the OTC in the US.

the gains are almost as significant as digital currencies but the fundamentals and liquidity is far superior.
which is that? HMMJ? Don't see it offered for myself

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.