• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

stimulacra

Reaction score
If gunning for 10x returns I would be prepared to lose all of it and not flinch.

My main observation with cryptocurrencies… seems like virtually all capital in that sector would be allocated to the the cryptocurrency that had the best combination of being the most technically advanced and had the highest brand recognition (or most well marketed). Switching costs (dumping one currency and plowing into another) doesn't seem to be a significant obstacle. Seems like until one of these coins move past the novelty phase and starts underpinning broader aspects of the business world or economy (emerging market, alternative reserve currency, universal basic income), insane volatility will be part of the package. To most folks it looks like a sociological experiment on fast-forward.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm stoked about the drop. Means I can buy cheaper. Nothing like a 50% off sale.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know. Its like the sweater that is on clearance that looks ok, but you get it home and notice a thread loose. Next thing you know, the sweater has completely unraveled.

Maybe, but maybe not. We'll see!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People are doing really cool stuff with ethereum.

That stuff makes it more interesting than Bitcoin and offers some longer term viability.

brokencycle

Reaction score
If gunning for 10x returns I would be prepared to lose all of it and not flinch.

My main observation with cryptocurrencies… seems like virtually all capital in that sector would be allocated to the the cryptocurrency that had the best combination of being the most technically advanced and had the highest brand recognition (or most well marketed). Switching costs (dumping one currency and plowing into another) doesn't seem to be a significant obstacle. Seems like until one of these coins move past the novelty phase and starts underpinning broader aspects of the business world or economy (emerging market, alternative reserve currency, universal basic income), insane volatility will be part of the package. To most folks it looks like a sociological experiment on fast-forward.

I was hoping for 10x returns with zero risk.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AMZN filed a meal kit trademark...APRN down 8%. A couple more bad days and AMZN will just pick up APRN for under $1B.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm back to basically even on my ethereum.

Did you guys hear that Daimler AG recently had a €100m bond offering based on a private version of Ethereum? Doesn't really impact the currency itself since it is a separate blockchain, but it is just another example of the kinds of real things that are happening with this stuff. It isn't all theory and "what ifs" with only some tiny players putting it into practice (or selling pizza for bitcoin as a marketing tactic).

brokencycle

Reaction score
I'm about back to even now too. I really was going to double down at about $150, but the Mrs suggested against it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads