• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Saltricks

Reaction score
It really depends on the stock if you ask me. A big mature stock like pepsi, this kind of call option would not be worth it. Say you wanted 30 percent return on your initial investment of buying 1 contract of call options. At 13 bucks a pop, you would need a price of 86.90 to hit your goal within 2 years. For the year option you need the stock to hit 85ish, 80ish for may 2012. If you look at the history of pepsi (besides 2008-2009), you see that the price generally stays relatively stable. The likelihood of it hitting 86.90 in or even 80 in the next 2 years is relatively slim. However, if you had an unstable company like american airlines 2 years ago, and had gotten really long puts at 10 bucks, you'd be rolling in it. If I think a stock is gonna move in one way or the other I buy options, if I think a stock is going to stay the same, I sell options.

AND THE ACTC RALLY continues, nutso..

Last edited:

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New message from the Chairman's blog. Injecting the first UK patient less than two weeks then another 4 US patients around the same time. Also we should hear something in a peer review in "weeks" not months.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rabin's blog gave me major wood this morning

I'm salivating here

Last edited:

Saltricks

Reaction score
I bought more shares today at .165, hopefully I don't regret it, haha.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I bought more shares today at .165, hopefully I don't regret it, haha.

****, if this is a ruse its working. That penny stock has gone up from .09 since I started watching it. And ya, gotta admit I'm thinking of a punt on a few thousand shares.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought in at 18 cents earlier this year. Paper losses put hair on your chest. Be a man and pull the trigger. :)

Jorgeezy

Reaction score
****, if this is a ruse its working. That penny stock has gone up from .09 since I started watching it. And ya, gotta admit I'm thinking of a punt on a few thousand shares.

The ones you just dumped? XD

Saltricks

Reaction score
I initially opened at .105, was tempted to sell at a loss when it fell to >.084 but I decided to load up instead. Fortune favors the bold I guess. Oh yeah, and look at that kodak ralllyyy, once again, I regret not buying more shares ;_;.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I initially opened at .105, was tempted to sell at a loss when it fell to >.084 but I decided to load up instead. Fortune favors the bold I guess. Oh yeah, and look at that kodak ralllyyy, once again, I regret not buying more shares ;_;.

I bought a bunch of EK and took the brave move of writing some put options on the shares, believe it or not. Rolling now :)

Last edited:

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
WTF, you all sit around and trade penny stocks? Why am I not surprised?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WTF, you all sit around and trade penny stocks? Why am I not surprised?

You shouldn't be, as a matter of fact you don't even have to comment. But I guess you feel the need to inject yourself.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I trade large caps. but if they make money who am i to judge.

I don't even see a reason to justify what I decided to trade. Some guy comes in makes some incindary comment (has added nothing of value to this thread...ever) and I have to get my back up?? Nah, just another CESPool idiot who has to get all of his investment advice from his uncle probably.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If the risk/reward ratio is acceptable to someone, what's wrong with penny stocks? Not everyone has the same tolerance for risk, that's common sense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads