Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by mikeman, Feb 2, 2011.

1. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

Still eating shit on yesterday's long position. Hopefully things crash tomorrow! Come on Eurozone, give me a bank failure!

2. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Santa rally may be in full effect dude. Broke people spending money they don't have even more. We'll see how things turn out in February.

3. NameBack

NameBack Senior member

Yeah. Well, the position is getting closed out tomorrow no matter what (3 day cutoff), so I'd just like to not have to take a huge loss on it. We were up 2.1% on our first two positions, and we lost about 2% on this one, so it's back to square one unless some shit goes down tonight in Europe.

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah closed out a few positions yesterday / today. Pissed I missed Lululemon at $42 though

5. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

Im cashing out 500 shares of SBUX tomorrow after holding them for almost 5 years. 350% Return...Take that index.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah just did a valuation for Starbucks, we got positive numbers. Goldman tells me neutral though :/

7. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

Now you have 0 excuse for not getting me an xmas present. other than not knowing who the f i am :d

nice gains! congratz

8. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Okay, we all know to stay away, far away from the Zynga IPO correct? Unless that is you plan on shorting it. This company won't even be around in 5 years.

9. javyn

javyn Senior member

Been waiting on this a while now. Agree, Zynga is bullshit and not gonna touch it with a 10 foot pole, but the IPO is going to act as a catalyst for a lot of stocks.

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

I actually wanted to buy shares at the start of this summer off current employees. Had a few people willing to sell at under this valuation. But after the past few months, definitely not worth it. I think they'll be around in 5 years for sure, just that they are not valued at this much money.

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Guys guys guys!!! Farmville, Cityville....what else you got? Nothing. You mean to tell me this has a higher valuation than EA or Activision? Guys, remember when I told SkinnyGoomba to stay away from S? Now I'm telling you, stay away from this crap.

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

EA is $7.5+ billion, Activision is $14+ billion, Zynga is under $7 billion at the high end of the IPO.

Not sure what you are reading / researching. And the gaming industry is not just Battlefield and COD, games that take a ton of money to develop and update/patch. Zynga's costs are much lower and they don't need to run constant TV ads for their games. People are betting the future of games is moving in a different direction. Sure Zynga has some risk from Facebook rules and their recent numbers have not been spectacular, but people are still going to buy their shares now, or in the future.

Also:
    [​IMG]

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

Sector is hot IMO, but this is the wrong company to focus on.

14. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

I'm going to mark this post. If I'm still here in a few years it will be nice to look back on and laugh. Someone actually thought Zynga was going to make it.

15. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Risky to buy a company that depends on another company for its main revenue stream. I'd stay away as well.

Getting my butt handed to me with Groupon, even more reason to stay away from this.