• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Apologies fellas, i didnt think we were talking about just GoPro.

So, strike my comments with regard to that.

I'm pretty sure we weren't. But I'll certainly agree that in certain circumstances -- like a momentum-based short-term trading strategy -- stops can make sense.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

God damnit China.

Brace yourself for bearish, brutalizing, bloody buttfuckage today.

Everyone's gonna run for the exits to be risk off going into the weekend.
1f614.png

Goddamn this is some crazy ass volatility.

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually had a really good week vs the s&p but cognizant will likely get smoked because it was up big yesterday and won't hold its weekly gain.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Will this be the "Obama Recession?" Serious question. I know, CE this ****.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
you've asked that question at least one other time (slightly different wording). do you want it to be true ?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dat Trump of Donald for president?

Last edited:

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dat Trump of Donald for president?

He was actually fairly civilized yesterday imho compared to the lame 7th grade tattletale crap between Cruz and Rubio.

Also, failing to reign in China's currency manipulation falls on Clinton, Bush 43 and Obama imo.

I remember reading an Economist article around 2010 or so that quoted Goldman Sachs as saying how China was managing their currency well and their GDP would overtake the US between 2020-2025 and telling my Chinese American roomie that that will never happen with their currency policy. lulz. :embar:

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

you've asked that question at least one other time (slightly different wording). do you want it to be true ?

This is missing what I was asking. It's two parts:

1) If there is a recession
2) will Obama get the blame?

He will not is my guess particularly if one of the asshats Repubs running wins. Look at Clinton. All anyone talks about is that booming dotcom bubble in glowing terms of the economy under Clinton. The dotcom crash also started under Clinton and was caused by economic conditions present under his eight year administration yet I never seen mention of the "Clinton dotcom crash."

CE this ****!

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
who cares where the blame is assigned (can this even be pinned on US action ? it's the damned Chinese!!), or rather what the media will discuss, when it's red across the board ? well, not entirely, i have one spec of green. slow and steady will win the race, i suppose.

there's plenty of discussion of the crash under clinton, maybe not as much as you'd like to see but it's not like anyone is trying to hide the fact. what policy enactment specifically are you concerned with, under either clinton or obama, that lead to either collapse ?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads