• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

even low volume?

Yeah I don't trade that much, still ~$1 a trade for almost everything, 4 euros for european markets, 6HKD for Hong Kong I think? Pretty good rates for the Nikkei as well.

They do have a minimum though of $10000. If you are 21 and younger then it's $3000. You also are given no service of any kind really so you should have a basic idea of what you are doing.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
and there goes the AGNC capital raise

I'd been waiting for this after the last dividend as a point to buy some more shares (in the past they have done well at recovering from the devaluation quickly)

May be buying some more today

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys make out of this ongoing rally? We were on the "brink" of a bear market and a double dip recession, now we appear to be golden. Sell this rally and wait for a pull back in the near future?

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys make out of this ongoing rally? We were on the "brink" of a bear market and a double dip recession, now we appear to be golden. Sell this rally and wait for a pull back in the near future?

I'm just gonna do what the algorithm tells me. It called this rally two days ago so I'm just going with the flow.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy moly nice job NB.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm just gonna do what the algorithm tells me. It called this rally two days ago so I'm just going with the flow.

your algo predicted that the Eurozone would get its **** together today? wow.

JSSM

Reaction score
Code:
Deadly7- you are right. Sorry about that. That being said i think there are better options over Sprint.

As for Mad Money. Jim Cramer does know what he's talking about. However, I basically watch for entertainment. But he does have a pretty good record if you look back to the things he recommends.

We need to find some stocks that have yet to pop! Tried my luck in penny stocks, and lost ******--never again.
Cramer knows more than he leads on. He acts like a clown on the show, but a couple of interviews you can find on YouTube show he is at least more in touch with how it works than just about any other presenter on tv (not hard, since they're all incompetent). CYStyle: I hope neither your nor anyone else is trading on information listed within this thread. If you can't spot the sucker at the table...

Last edited:

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

your algo predicted that the Eurozone would get its **** together today? wow.

:p

It predicted that going long was going to be a good call. And let's be honest, this rally was as much about the markets as it was about political events -- this plan is hardly a guaranteed rescue. If anything, I sincerely doubt its efficacy, but the market is in rally mode, so "good" news gets magnified as a big rally. This has been the trend for some time now.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:p
It predicted that going long was going to be a good call. And let's be honest, this rally was as much about the markets as it was about political events -- this plan is hardly a guaranteed rescue. If anything, I sincerely doubt its efficacy, but the market is in rally mode, so "good" news gets magnified as a big rally. This has been the trend for some time now.

Right. I 100% agree with you on how the tiniest bit of +/- news gets magnified and the market goes up and down dramatically. For example, today's huge rally was just that. But the rally was an effect of the Eurozone's agreement to terms -- a qualitative event. Sure, your algo predicted the correct trend, but your algo is only limited to quantitative data. I guess I'm trying to say that it was merely a coincidence that the market rallied as your algo predicted. It very much so could have went in the opposite direction if this meeting came out without any agreement between the nations.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the market falls sharply again tomorrow or on Monday. The agreements they came upon today were so high level and there's no real plan of attack.

Last edited:

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Code:
Cramer knows more than he leads on. He acts like a clown on the show, but a couple of interviews you can find on YouTube show he is at least more in touch with how it works than just about any other presenter on tv (not hard, since they're all incompetent).
CYStyle: I hope neither your nor anyone else is trading on information listed within this thread. If you can't spot the sucker at the table...

I do all my own research etc. My portfolio's up 68%+ I just like to see other people opinions and perspectives.

JSSM

Reaction score
Code:
Cramer knows more than he leads on. He acts like a clown on the show, but a couple of interviews you can find on YouTube show he is at least more in touch with how it works than just about any other presenter on tv (not hard, since they're all incompetent).
CYStyle: I hope neither your nor anyone else is trading on information listed within this thread. If you can't spot the sucker at the table...

I do all my own research etc. My portfolio's up 68%+ I just like to see other people opinions and perspectives.

The problem with this is that anyone that bought and held some s&p contracts over the last year could be up significantly. It would be interesting if you made money during the recent downward move.

Saltricks

Reaction score
After a conversation with my fulbright scholarship friend at MIT about the future of stem cells, I decided to buy 5000 shares of GERN this morning. 13 percent rally before the day is out o_O.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

After a conversation with my fulbright scholarship friend at MIT about the future of stem cells, I decided to buy 5000 shares of GERN this morning. 13 percent rally before the day is out o_O.

lol i cant believe that's on the NASDAQ.. it's practically a penny stock!

would you run into liquidity issues if you tried to dump your shares right now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads