• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When every other phone runs Android, gaining market share is tough. I know other phones run Windows or some niche OS but no one buys those on any large scale. There was a report I saw that mentioned larger phones were gaining market share/popularity but that too is **** because when you walk into a store and every Android device is running a 4"+ screen. People are just being forced into larger devices whether they like it or not.

Last edited:

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't fit the Iphone 6 plus in my skinny jeans. Had to buy the 6,

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are you sure she had the 6? They haven't been released just yet.

Fully expecting iOS to steal some market share points from android.

Definitely a 6. Was probably some sort of dev/test model as it had some ID # or something printed on the front next to the home button (presumably to track who loses their pre-release phone in a bar).

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nice day to buy. Everything on sale.

I think there will be more selling before the week is out. It's sea of red. My biggest gainer today is up $7 total.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the 401(k) investment guide for my new job. Best expense ratio is a 0.06% on an S&P 500 fund which is nice but everything else is 0.70 and above.

Makes keeping our asset allocation a ***** when 401(k)'s make up the bulk of our retirement portfolio currently and are best kept in the S&P funds. Will have to bite the expense ratio bullet and expand a bit in the coming years unless we again leave our current positions in the future and can roll those over into an IRA.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean... .70 isn't exactly crazy talk.
It's not S&P index fund low, but its not 2%.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean... .70 isn't exactly crazy talk.
It's not S&P index fund low, but its not 2%.

True. As GF knows with ADP for a 401(k) manager, most things there are 1.00+ with the S&P fund being something like 0.70.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FB down 3.5%. Nice discount.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

True.  As GF knows with ADP for a 401(k) manager, most things there are 1.00+ with the S&P fund being something like 0.70.

Sounds like your employer selected a more diverse plan for you guys. We definitely don't have anything remotely near 6 bps. I'm jealous.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
70 bps is pretty good for a mutual fund in a 401(k), means employer is picking up a decent amount of costs. I would pay the fund expenses and depending on age, load up with the risk assets, ie small cap, mid cap etc. SFTBY!

NASDAQ risk assets on sale for BABA funds.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

70 bps is pretty good for a mutual fund in a 401(k), means employer is picking up a decent amount of costs. I would pay the fund expenses and depending on age, load up with the risk assets, ie small cap, mid cap etc. SFTBY!

NASDAQ risk assets on sale for BABA funds.

These expense numbers are often times misleading. There are all kinds of hidden fees involved here that you're not aware of. It's the investing equivalent of a late 90's phone bill.

The PBS's 401k scam documentary, it explains the problem.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can get Mid Cap S&P 400 and Small Cap S&P 600 for 0.06 BP but do not know how those will fit into my asset allocation until it gets to a certain size which is at least 2 years away.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually the provider or employer stick the fees of the plan into the expense ratios, you sometimes see expense ratios of 1.5% or higher. At .70%, it means the employer is paying some offset or the plan is really big. Although worst thing to do is roll one old plan into new plan, should roll out to IRA.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads