• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The story ade it seem like unless you do inside trading your failing.

The story was saying that since SC didn't get "direct" inside info(that the gov't could verify at this time), he is not going to jail(at this time.)

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep. Saw that the other day.....

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TWTR... anyone buying at this level is a tool. That stock is already below its pop price aftermarket.

I'll start averaging down at 30. I see no reason it won't test its IPO price at $26. Otherwise I won't touch it.

I actually had an order in this morning at 35, I thought it would be possible to make a few $ and get out, but no way was I touching 45.

I took a second nibble at 60.90. I've averaged at 63 and change right now. If it drops below 58 I'm going to triple my position.

To your point, right now its just momentum.

How high do you see TWTR going?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will be using the mock porftolio becuas I dont have any money to invest but I need experience or else I get no job. I want to try to get into my schools investment fund within the next year and a half. Im at ground 0 right now. Only own like 7 shares of XLS on my real portfolio.  Only 11% gains.  since i am following exelis I happened to notice the company spinoff that will occur and thought the way I handle that could be a learning experience.  I think i will start investing irl on no-load mutual funds

Edit:
BTW exelis rose to 19.33 from 18.61 when i posted "buy exelis."  Would somethign like scott trade allow me to sell and buy in a dialy basis? I have been noticing this pattern with exelis. It drops then it jumps back up.

When you're ready to start trading you might want to take a look at Interactive Brokers.

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/main.php

Oh and you're gonna want to be a lot more diversified.

Last edited:

Thearkly

Reaction score
Reading up on IB. Tell me how you heard of them.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I'm already "trading some" its all one company. But its only ttemporary to ride the bear market. I research it daily.  Why interactive broker. Where did you hear about it. I see their website their super cheap which means they make their $$$ in some other manner. right

We are in a bear market now? Do tell.

Thearkly

Reaction score
no. I was reading about bear markets and the word slipped onto my keyboard...

Its time for sepukku. I am not gonna get investments in a 2 and a half years.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Then why do you have a temporary position to ride the bear market?

no. I was reading about bear markets and the word slipped onto my keyboard...

Its time for sepukku. I am not gonna get investments in a 2 and a half years.

Ah, ninja edit.

I say you just stop posting.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Stop quoting me

Yeah, it sucks to have what you said out there for everyone to see. I would suggest you just stop posting.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Thearkly

Reaction score
You win sir. Ill get back to reading "Mutual Funds" Third Edition by Donald D. Rugg. After which I should probably get investing for dummies and all the other books this thread, with the all the posters' superior knowledge, has recommended.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

You win sir.  Ill get back to reading  "Mutual Funds" Third Edition by Donald D. Rugg. After which I should probably get investing for dummies and all the other books this thread, with the all the posters' superior knowledge, has recommended.

Edit: Typo

QFP.

I'd say just to stop saying stupid ****...like that you're riding the bear market.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads