Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by mikeman, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Get ready to hear these two words discussed with just about every new "social media" IPO. "Popular" & "Unprofitable".

2. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Senior member

Word. Talk about a bubble.

Get ready to hear these two words discussed with just about every new "social media" IPO. "Popular" & "Unprofitable".

3. javyn

javyn Senior member

Anyone in on Pandora, symbol P?

4. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

The "popular" but "unprofitable" company?? No. Can someone please tell me how this company makes money?? I really don't know. They do have to pay music royalty fees unlike traditional radio.

5. javyn

javyn Senior member

The "popular" but "unprofitable" company?? No. Can someone please tell me how this company makes money?? I really don't know. They do have to pay music royalty fees unlike traditional radio.

No idea, I don't even listen to Pandora anymore

6. javyn

javyn Senior member

Decided to go long GLUU today. Hugging the 20EMA nicely after the pullback, figured why not. Then, after I bought it I saw a Seeking Alpha article on GLUU being a part of the Russell 2000 Index after 6/24. That should bring some institutional dollars in to back me up, unless I'm missing something here.

7. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Decided to go long GLUU today. Hugging the 20EMA nicely after the pullback, figured why not. Then, after I bought it I saw a Seeking Alpha article on GLUU being a part of the Russell 2000 Index after 6/24. That should bring some institutional dollars in to back me up, unless I'm missing something here.

Man this thing is volitile. Being above $5 I think would bring more institutional investors in more than just being listed on the Russell Simmons 2000.

8. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Senior member

Where's the insider info? [​IMG]

9. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

P = Tanky Tank Time.

Also, opinions on vice stocks RICK & PENN.

10. javyn

javyn Senior member

P = Tanky Tank Time.

Also, opinions on vice stocks RICK & PENN.

P = trying to hold on to 16pps and failing. Next stop, 2 dollars. I can't talk too much shit, I got suckered into it too. Bought it in the AM at 22 thinking it could pop off. Got disgusted and bailed at 21 heh.

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

You'll make back your P money on this one today!!!

12. javyn

javyn Senior member

You'll make back your P money on this one today!!!
    Hope so. HAL has a nice range going so I'm trying to play off that too. Of course, once I buy, I'm halfway expecting it to collapse below the lower Bollinger Band heh Been watching PFE's uptrend wanting in on that, but it broke down before I could get around to buying, lucked out there at least. Would have been way too late to that party. edit: Can't comment on RICK or PENN, know nothing about them, just looked at their charts. Rick's is just ugly but PENN could be fun to trade

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

Oh yeah, re: GLUU, I know that institutional generally avoids anything under 5 bucks, but wouldn't being included in the Russell 2000 kind of force it into their funds? And it's only about 20 cents away from 5 anyway, first pullback after a runup.

14. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Wow, I feel bad for who ever woke up this morning and purchased some P. They're really taking it on the chin....no bubble folks...nothing to worry about here.

Edit: Also, LNKD, Welcome to the Sixties. This stock is like a time machine, you'll see the 50's next.

15. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

C'mon!! Like they aren't going to bail Greece out?! Like always the Germans will have to pay for it. This should teach them for pulling that World War II shit.