• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

RedLeg

Reaction score
Vs. a traditional IRA? Really depends on your age. The younger you are the better a roth is.

RedLeg

Reaction score
I picked up AMRN and BAC yesterday.

Secondary offering of ARR today for all you REIT guys.

Last edited:

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice, how long to plan to hold BAC? It;s the only turd in my portfolios at the moment. I hope they break up the company, but in the event that it stays together I think it will do well over 5-10 years. It's going to take a while to digest all of what they took on during the crisis.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny that you two have the bateman avatar, just saw it now :D

RedLeg

Reaction score
Nice, how long to plan to hold BAC? It;s the only turd in my portfolios at the moment. I hope they break up the company, but in the event that it stays together I think it will do well over 5-10 years. It's going to take a while to digest all of what they took on during the crisis.

I think it is a fantastic long term buy and hold opportunity. Hopefully they will get approval to raise the dividend soonish, which will be a huge positive when thinking long term. Also will make it less attractive to short, which is a popular hedge since BAC has served as a good proxy for the overall market.

I hope to hold it for multiple years and will likely add to it. That being said, I may dump equities as we approach the fiscal cliff. I think we will at least get close enough to the edge that it will spook markets, just like with the debt ceiling.
Funny that you two have the bateman avatar, just saw it now :D

He wins due to his residing in the American Gardens Building.

crispeta

Reaction score

He wins due to his residing in the American Gardens Building.

Think I've seen him there once; apparently he's afraid of the lift and takes the stairs. Quite a charakter.

AAPL at 624 approaching new all-time high - gnarl, would have been too easy to pick up at 550ish..
GOOG silently (? I did not follow) +>10% within last month..

Aeneas

Reaction score
Hopefuls think GLUU will hit 7. I don't see how it is possible with the sudden drop they just had.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you remember that time ZNGA was talking about buying EA? That was funny.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Remember the time when ZNGA bought draw something, that was even funnier.

You know, for the life of me I just don't get how the market treats these "social media fraud" companies. Don't let people fool you with LKND, the pps has doubled and the market cap is only 10 billion while FB has crashed and burned and still has a market cap around 50 billion. LKND imo is garbage btw, I didn't like it at the IPO and I don't like it now. Someone is going to get a fleecing when this thing crashes.

edit: Also Javyn, did you get banned from CE? LOL, you mean "Chop Chop Chop....TTIIMMMMBBBBEEEERRRR!!!" doesn't work over there?

Last edited:

RedLeg

Reaction score
You know, for the life of me I just don't get how the market treats these "social media fraud" companies. Don't let people fool you with LKND, the pps has doubled and the market cap is only 10 billion while FB has crashed and burned and still has a market cap around 50 billion. LKND imo is garbage btw, I didn't like it at the IPO and I don't like it now. Someone is going to get a fleecing when this thing crashes.
edit: Also Javyn, did you get banned from CE? LOL, you mean "Chop Chop Chop....TTIIMMMMBBBBEEEERRRR!!!" doesn't work over there?
Everyone wants to party like it's 1999.

I really have to hand it to Best Buy's founder. If he gets this done, he is a hell of a businessman.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Everyone wants to party like it's 1999.

I really have to hand it to Best Buy's founder. If he gets this done, he is a hell of a businessman.

So his new business model is smaller specialized stores? I've seen a couple of BB Expresses around in Malls. I don't know. They have these huge big box locations and for a while they would sub-lease space inside the store. If I were holding I'd take have him up the offer to $28 then run like a bandit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads