• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

jack webb

Reaction score
Not lose 21% YTD like the rest of us mother fuckers
If only it were 21%.

Nice rally after being down much of the day today. Good to see investors feeling comfortable about holding stocks over a long holiday weekend.

Going forward, what could help? Inflation numbers that are anything but awful (possible). China abandoning its zero-covid policy (probable). Signs of a break in hostilities in Ukraine (probably not before autumn at the earliest).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Does anyone think the end of the war in Ukraine will bring a global, if not rally, little bump/stop of the slide? I suspect much of the pessimism is linked to the war.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not lose 21% YTD like the rest of us mother fuckers
What about those of us who levered up 50% at a nice low 2% and are now paying 3.5% (and probably rising) to hold those now down positions?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think the end of the war in Ukraine will bring a global, if not rally, little bump/stop of the slide? I suspect much of the pessimism is linked to the war.
Inflation (and consequent monetary tightening) is the nub of the issue — and the war is mostly a component of that rather than a global macro driver in itself, I think.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Inflation (and consequent monetary tightening) is the nub of the issue — and the war is mostly a component of that rather than a global macro driver in itself, I think.

There are some good charts in there, but he doesn't convince me that inflation is going to slow down any time soon other than he brings up a valid point about consumer spending driving some of this which would indicate stagflation is unlikely because if we go into a recession, that will decline and reduce inflation some.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But what if my assets … somehow … became impaired?

Featured Sponsor

When shopping for clothes do you (choose up to 2)

• Always return to the same brands/stores/websites

• Like to visit brick&mortar shops to see things in person

• Shop mainly online and take advantage of free returns

• Like to try new brands/stores/websites

• Shop mainly during the sales, regardless of the brand/store/website

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SheryiGoodspeed