• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree with Piob that the short term outlook (say next 12 months) is very much up in the air. Chart just suggests that, if you can stay patient, things generally come right.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Anyone that long term invests predicates it on the thought the general trend is up. Given this the main strategy of long term investors should obviously be buy and hold with some playing around the edges, i.e. rebalancing, raising cash in down turns, etc.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everything is horrible.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's strange. All I've heard for the last 5 years is how the middle class is dead, everyone is getting left behind, etc, etc.
Everyone is used to a higher standard of living + more visibility into the 1% lifestyle (via reality TV/instagram/etc) makes people 'feel' poorer, even if they aren't

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
They only have $400 because they all got stimmies.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
39% "doing okay" and 39% "living comfortably," making up the 78%. I just quickly skimmed the paper, but it looks like people doing worse financially compared with last year could still report as "doing okay." Only 68% look like they could cover an unexpected $400 emergency with cash. "Doing okay" is doing a lot of work.

In the good news portion, people making over 100k eeport bring better off than all the others.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
About 40% in one month drop in price.

As I said in the recent past, it had tech stock valuations, and now it is moving into the valuation of a car company...and not doing well.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting off social media definitely improves your mood about your circumstances. Now I can only judge my neighbors and their weird habits. A guy bought a recent MB S560 and parks it outside vs. in one of his 4 garage spots. Based on people not using their garages in my neighborhood, I assume most are hoarders.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Our CC&Rs states that at least one garage bay must be available for car parking.

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfreezerrepair