• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever bought a business (not a franchise)? Like lock stock and barrel?

I am dabbling with a thought, but while there are things of interest, I don't know how to go about the valuation and investment hurdles and such Any thoughts or starting points?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever bought a business (not a franchise)? Like lock stock and barrel?

I am dabbling with a thought, but while there are things of interest, I don't know how to go about the valuation and investment hurdles and such Any thoughts or starting points?
Would you like to be part of my downstream in my Amway business?

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you like to be part of my downstream in my Amway business?
Only if you become part of my Mary Kay downline.

What is the potential for earnings? And will it tie in nicely with @Piobaire's and my insurance company? I am looking for synergies

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
CHWY has some nice IV. I've been using 80 as my weekly strike, whether it's a CC or CSP as I'm wheeling, and I don't see those tendies going away soon. I've deployed resources away from ICs just to "wheel" CHWY at the moment.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got some tendies on a 2 week biotech play. Was a complete gamble, had bad data, but then 2 analyst upgrades brought me in the green.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Exactly and the property will continue to appreciate and when you pass it on to me, I will get a step up and start depreciation all over again and @Piobaire, who still won’t have retired, will be subsidizing it.

There are so many problems with the regime, but at a minimum buildings should depreciate over a much longer schedule - 50-100 years would make far more sense. But the whole notion of taxpayers subsidizing owners of appreciating assets by pretending they depreciate is bonkers.
But I'd have to adopt you first. Must be a direct heir to avoid inheritance tax. When I die ... what I leave to my niece and nephew will be subject to inheritance tax.

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But I'd have to adopt you first. Must be a direct heir to avoid inheritance tax. When I die ... what I leave to my niece and nephew will be subject to inheritance tax.
No worries daddy. We can make the proper arrangements

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I however it would be somewhat flawless to begin a string that would get every one of the financial backers together and share stock thoughts. I, at the end of the day, very much prefer to contribute as a pastime (little clock). Yet, I regularly battle to discover things that are acceptable. As of Now I'm just holding Apple and Conoco. What's looking great? Last night I was watching Mad Money and he referenced ARMH, they plan and microchips for advanced cells, and are utilized by practically all significant brands. Is by all accounts something great, anyway there has been an immense run-up and I figure I may hang tight for a draw back.
Are you familiar with our fearless leader's strategy of making beautiful beautiful tendies?

@Piobaire' Canadian fried tendies are famous around here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I however it would be somewhat flawless to begin a string that would get every one of the financial backers together and share stock thoughts. I, at the end of the day, very much prefer to contribute as a pastime (little clock). Yet, I regularly battle to discover things that are acceptable. As of Now I'm just holding Apple and Conoco. What's looking great? Last night I was watching Mad Money and he referenced ARMH, they plan and microchips for advanced cells, and are utilized by practically all significant brands. Is by all accounts something great, anyway there has been an immense run-up and I figure I may hang tight for a draw back.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds more like the analysts are bad at estimating....amirite? The numbers are crazy though for big tech.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on closed end funds, ETFs, whatever that are capital preserving, pay monthly dividends, and have a 10% or better yield. QYLD is my first and I need several more for the FIRO (O = old) plan.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on closed end funds, ETFs, whatever that are capital preserving, pay monthly dividends, and have a 10% or better yield. QYLD is my first and I need several more for the FIRO (O = old) plan.
Most of these had huge price runups the past 6-8 months so it'll be tough to find something greater than 10%. Only one I know of still over 10% is GOF.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
How's PDI doing?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.