• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I get for taking a tip from a stranger on the Netwebs. My home builders are doing just fine but anyone in tech or meme is beyond fucked this morning.

Is this where gnatty gets proven correct?
Down (2.99%)

I am mostly in REIT's, and the rest is telecom stock. I'm like whateva.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm still 95% in SPY that I don't plan to touch for a minimum of ten years so this is mostly academic for me. That said doesn't mean I like to watch the big red numbers. ;)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just bought another three contracts of DHI Jan 22 80c.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's what I get for taking a tip from a stranger on the Netwebs. My home builders are doing just fine but anyone in tech or meme is beyond fucked this morning.

Is this where gnatty gets proven correct?
Inflation getting crazy out there. I was quoted $3,000 to repaint one of our bedrooms. What in the actual fuck?

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you even STONKS!!! bro?
Already sold some of those a couple months back. Only got one left, and that one is doing awful right now.

apd90700

Reaction score
If the Fed wants to curb inflation they're going to have to start quant tightening, at which point the spigots will start to run dry, and any extended areas of the market are going to sell -- we're starting to see some of that now, but it's only the early innings. Smart money gets out in advance of the coming storm.

We're probably looking at a late double dip, where we see the market decline 25-35% peak to trough. I'm sitting long on a limit buy in for QQQM around $110 -- since I'm not greedy.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paid for lunch with my RBLX buy from Friday. Not huge due to yesterday's dip but good enough for me.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is where I point out that if you whine about every minor pullback during a bull run you probably don’t have the right asset allocation.

The market is still at levels never seen before a month ago and 10% up for the year. Wake me when we touch 2020 levels.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is where I point out that if you whine about every minor pullback during a bull run you probably don’t have the right asset allocation.

The market is still at levels never seen before a month ago and 10% up for the year. Wake me when we touch 2020 levels.
I'm 100% VIX. Am I doing stocks right?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Nope. Triple leverage ftw.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Paid for lunch with my RBLX buy from Friday. Not huge due to yesterday's dip but good enough for me.
The DHI longs I sold last Friday paid for one of today's LEAPS so I'm playing with the house's money!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.