• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
New gig uses Paylocity. Still learning that.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not surprised to hear that Kronos is still terrible to use.

Carpe Diem actually. Maybe the "new" version is better if you use all of the fancy features like integrating it with your phone/email systems so it can try to "find time" you spent working on specific things...or I had a friend who worked somewhere with different time entry software that would literally be like "You had this word document open for 3 hours yesterday, would you like to bill that time?"

But if all you are using it for is a glorified spreadsheet to mark down hours worked...it's a piece of steaming trash.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carpe Diem actually. Maybe the "new" version is better if you use all of the fancy features like integrating it with your phone/email systems so it can try to "find time" you spent working on specific things...or I had a friend who worked somewhere with different time entry software that would literally be like "You had this word document open for 3 hours yesterday, would you like to bill that time?"

But if all you are using it for is a glorified spreadsheet to mark down hours worked...it's a piece of steaming trash.
Ugh, Carpe Diem is even worse. I think I had repressed my years of CD usage which combined with Lotus Notes did damage to my soul. I've been fortunate since I left the professional service world to be at startups that use more modern tools (and Macs!) and haven't had to deal with old world technology for the most part for my day to day work.

New gig uses Paylocity. Still learning that.
I didn't find Paylocity objectionable but as an exempt employee who didn't manage any non-exempt employes, I didn't have to deal with it much.

Reactions: otc

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What I'm still learning with Paylocity is its functionality for things like self-onboarding, labour reports, etc. Thankfully I've only got five directs and they're all exempt.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Those two DHI LEAPS I bought a few weeks ago are now up about 1.7k and I can't decide if I should take some profits or let it ride. Jan 22 expiration so I'm thinking if it hits 2k I'll pull the rip cord.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
We are still required to fill out Excel sheets for our time and email them to payroll. It's a PITA.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lol, get into the 21st century man.

I don't get it. We are a modern company, but some stuff like payroll seems stuck in the dark ages.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We are still required to fill out Excel sheets for our time and email them to payroll. It's a PITA.

I mean--sounds like a **** job for whoever works in payroll, but I'd take that any day over Crape Diem.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My wife has been doing some work that was originally being paid out of pocket by her employer under the table. She would just tell the woman how many hours she worked and get paid.

But now they got grant money and can pay her through their university payroll department. This requires she go through some sort of online timecard system where she clocks in and out after a multi-step login process...

But it is really not the kind of job that fits with a time clock. If it were a full time job rather than part time work, it would clearly meet the requirements of "exempt employee" and be salaried...(she's basically a shadow executive director/program manager for a teen-founded nonprofit).

So this leads to 2 common scenarios she seems to repeat frequently:
1. She forgets to clock out. There's no way to correct this yourself, you have to email some administrator and have them correct your time entry.
2. She realizes she's been working without clocking in (started thinking about something, joined a call, etc.). To solve this she clocks in and then sets a timer on her phone so she can clock out after the amount of time she was supposed to be compensated for.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hello, is this where we talk about payroll?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ABNB has taken a hit recently but thinking earnings next week will be good with the reopening. My COIN position is garbage but I heard this week they have over $100B on platform so maybe it will come around. I took another small position in RBLX after having sold previously for a gain last time I held it. Should be an interesting next week. Likely sell everything other than ABNB and go back into Intl ETFs.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm not seeing an earnings announcement for ABNB next week. Also, you're not worried about the backlash they've been getting, as in, ordinances being written against them around the world?

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do ERP implementations. My clients have modern browser/cloud based time entry systems that are intuitive and easy enough to integrate into. I enter my time the morning its due (bi-monthly) into a ****** system that is likely older than me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads