• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wtf is happening to netflix?

Starting to be less happy about buying at 83...

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hm i'm up 5% on that bac short position i took. cash out now? or wait for a little more?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

wtf is happening to netflix?
Starting to be less happy about buying at 83...

Netflix is under huge pressure, the big media companies are all going to roll out content via established services, it will be massive competition. This is getting priced in now for future slowdown in growth.

hm i'm up 5% on that bac short position i took. cash out now? or wait for a little more?

I'd get out 5% isn't bad

+1

BAC gets derided alot but the stock continues to be pretty strong.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's still something Nflix has though going for them....7.99/mo price tag, and big time penetration on every platform you can think of.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There's still something Nflix has though going for them....7.99/mo price tag, and big time penetration on every platform you can think of.

So what happens when Verizon cable, which has a huge footprint, offers it for 2.99?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you think their catalog would be as extensive as Netflix's for that price? Just asking, I don't know. Not trying to argue, I have no position in that stock.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So what happens when Verizon cable, which has a huge footprint, offers it for 2.99?

They won't

or they will but only for current subscribers (see that BS that hulu is engaging in) and since a lot of people are looking to streaming services as an alternative to the outdated cable model...that can't compete too well.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kinda seeing it your way otc. I stream to avoid having cable. I love it. If they think giving me a streaming option for a small charge on top of an already bloated expensive package where 90% of the channels I don't want is going to convince me, think again.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kinda seeing it your way otc. I stream to avoid having cable. I love it. If they think giving me a streaming option for a small charge on top of an already bloated expensive package where 90% of the channels I don't want is going to convince me, think again.

What about sports? Are you going to watch movies every day? If the answer is yes, then you are the exception.

linds_15

Reaction score

What about sports? Are you going to watch movies every day? If the answer is yes, then you are the exception.

the one reason i havent given up cable, watch too much basketball and football

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Depends where you are though. I have to stream all my sports online since local sports don't show the teams I support

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Depends where you are though. I have to stream all my sports online since local sports don't show the teams I support

Yeah...the only sports I actually have an interest in aren't really televised anyways (although there are various ways you can watch online for $$ or free). And when I do watch football or something, its at someone else's place or a bar.

Remember, the sports arena is not tied to the cable companies like the other content sources are. When they see that they can make money offering things like an ipad app or a custom streaming website, they just go ahead and do it--the cable company can't boss them around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads