• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think you'll be okay doing that. What they have a problem with is if you went and re-bought the stock today too.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pay 65 cents a contract with Fidelity so I'm not overly worried about the costs. I understand than in many Euro countries you also have to pay some sort of transaction tax?
just sharing the experience from back then, that’s all.

And as I suspected, costs have come down a lot with the advent of online brokers. Back then it was close to 2,5 bucks if you had the wrong broker. But never even close to a buck a contract, let alone 65 cents.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Lift off?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It was an easy play to set up iron condors, or leave them open and cover them with futures if the market ran through them.
Used my second dose downtime to learn the construction of condors. So simple yet pure genius. Also turns out my trading platform (Fidelity) has a tool to set up an IC and evaluate it for you in terms of delta, probability of profit, etc. Imma let the concept percolate a bit, read/watch the tutorials again, and try out a couple small plays in a few weeks.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Used my second dose downtime to learn the construction of condors. So simple yet pure genius. Also turns out my trading platform (Fidelity) has a tool to set up an IC and evaluate it for you in terms of delta, probability of profit, etc. Imma let the concept percolate a bit, read/watch the tutorials again, and try out a couple small plays in a few weeks.
I’m waiting for you to start your own trading shop.
7B19E04A-029A-40EE-913E-D64FB88115C8.jpeg

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A true diamond hand trades only iron condors.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.