• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brokecycle never said that though. He just said he gets a 100% return without specifying whether it was only up to a certain point.
I think he was implying based on the text from the slide from the first '401k' bullet

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They match 100% on 6%, but if you read the chart, step 3 is the employer match level and step 6 is to the max contribution. Both of which are after HSA which is step 2.
I didn’t realize you were referring to the chart. I agree that you should contribute to at least get 100% of ER match before dropping money into an HSA. It’s stupid not to.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I would never put money into my HSA before hitting the 401k match. That's incredibly stupid. I get an instant 100% return on my 401k contributions. How would I come close to that in an HSA?
All financial advice can be considered to have, "Your individual situation may be different and this should be taken into account for your individual decision making. If I have to tell you this you're just humblebragging and/or an idiot."

;)

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new “perk” I see a lot of companies offering is 401k match then also some sort of HSA match. This would then make the argument, 401k and HSA to match then fund to the limits.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
As I said previously her employer puts 4k into our HSA, 2k for her, 2k for me. They divide by 26 and add per pay period though vs. a start of the year mass funding. The rational is apparently the average healthcare consumer of working age spends about 1.8k per year on deductible stuff.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa. If I can charge wine buys to HSA as a mental health therapy then now we’re talking!
That reminds me of the lawyer here in the Netherlands who insured his cigars against fire, and subsequently smoked them all. Of course his insurance didn’t want to pay, but eventually the court ordered them to pay as his ‘collection’ did in fact suffer damage because of fire.

Afterwards the insurance co started another suit for arson, which they settled for the exact same amount they had to pay out😂

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
That reminds me of the lawyer here in the Netherlands who insured his cigars against fire, and subsequently smoked them all. Of course his insurance didn’t want to pay, but eventually the court ordered them to pay as his ‘collection’ did in fact suffer damage because of fire.

Afterwards the insurance co started another suit for arson, which they settled for the exact same amount they had to pay out😂
And I thought our courts were dumb.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am hoping this is satire.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Marc Voorhees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mean, you win some, you lose some

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a decent concept but not some billion dollar concept. Go find some "Luxury Apartments" in your area, go steal the cleaning staff of some local Mariott, and start your own company.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's