• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TIBX reports after hours. Been sitting on some for a few months. Lets see what happens. Its up $1 today. Should sell before the report. Someone suggest it, please. I never do it. They always go down after earnings but I still hold.

melwoesblvd

Reaction score
so when RIMM resumed trading after hours they sank 10% and came back to only a 2% loss relatively quickly, whats the likelihood they will open back at a lower price tomorrow AM (hopefully 10% lower)?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

so when RIMM resumed trading after hours they sank 10% and came back to only a 2% loss relatively quickly, whats the likelihood they will open back at a lower price tomorrow AM (hopefully 10% lower)?

Cant say about tomorrow but this stock is a total loser. It will be at 10$ within 6 months I think. Will probably open lower tomorrow but 10% is aggressive, I think 2% is more likely.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
futures point to green. lol, ******* greece, possibly needing a 3rd bailout. not that it should come as a surprise

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

futures point to green. lol, ******* greece, possibly needing a 3rd bailout. not that it should come as a surprise

Was going to post that. Lets see some gains.

Its not just Greece, I dumped STD and BBVA on Monday. Spain is in trouble. Kids at age 40 living with their parents?

Getting more and more bullish about AIG. I may buy some more.

Last edited:

chrisjr

Reaction score

Cant say about tomorrow but this stock is a total loser. It will be at 10$ within 6 months I think. Will probably open lower tomorrow but 10% is aggressive, I think 2% is more likely.

buyout potential. i'm not touching it though.
sad to see a cdn company turn to such crap.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was going to post that. Lets see some gains.
Its not just Greece, I dumped STD and BBVA on Monday. Spain is in trouble. Kids at age 40 living with their parents?

It been like that in Spain for quite a while. Students repeat the same classes over and over again since the cost is so low and there is little work. A lot of the issues now stem from ECB policies now though so the Spanish can't even do anything about it themselves. Both major parties PSOE and PP focus mostly on social issues. I did have a host family I stayed with a few years ago that had a 40 year old guy living with his parents and he finally got his law degree when I was there.

Still keeping STD I think, they were the most secure bank according to some of my professors last Spring and numbers still look relatively good for them. BBVA I never bought but I think they still have a bit of potential.

Think I'm picking up a bit of AIG right now.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think I'm picking up a bit of AIG right now.
Pretty high on AIG also, can't pick up anymore, already locked in with some long calls. No idea if it was a good idea or not--makes it exciting at least.
lol8[1].gif

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So what's the word on ACTC? Any news out there other than messageboard drivel? When's the vote to RS?

Monaco, if you are here, what's your take on GPXM these days? Lose faith in them?

Last edited:

sableecstasy

Reaction score

Any thoughts on MSLP? Granted its a penny stock but its being hailed by some as the next Sirius, 5-6 products in the top 5 at bodybuilding.com, pending medicaid approval, nationwide walmart rollout, and exponential growth over the past year or two.
Even with all this though the ceo's spend like drunken sailors and dilute after dropping a PR consistently, ergo driving the share price into the ground and showing stockholders the dont give a fck.
lost some money on this but I plan on holding indefinitely for now until "something" happens but would love to get someone elses opinion on this out of curiosity

I take back all of the above...They dropped 2 PR's announcing theyve retired all convertibles and cleared their debts (a la no more dilution) and secured a distribution deal to the armed forces....its gone up almost 350%+ since the time of my last post....am I aware I sound like a pumper, yes, do I care, not all sirs, do your own due diligence and hop on if anyones interested

Last edited:

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So what's the word on ACTC? Any news out there other than messageboard drivel? When's the vote to RS?
Monaco, if you are here, what's your take on GPXM these days? Lose faith in them?

Please don't tell me you're paying attention to the Yahoo message board. You should go to investorstemcell.com for all of your ACTC information.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Please don't tell me you're paying attention to the Yahoo message board. You should go to investorstemcell.com for all of your ACTC information.

Dear God the trolls on Yahoo are worse than me. I avoid it unless I'm trolling myself ;)

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear God the trolls on Yahoo are worse than me. I avoid it unless I'm trolling myself ;)

With ACTC I plan on buying a bit more to get to a nice round number before the R/S. Now remember they'll most likely be added to the Russell as well so that means automatic buying. I can't wait until institutions are able to buy this thing. I'll remember that I was here early on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads