• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I need to start one of those subscription newsletters. Will you guys shill for me if I cut you in on the proceeds?
As long as we're not getting paid in Project Q bucks.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple of years old, but still relevant I think.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as we're not getting paid in Project Q bucks.
I love how page one search results label in a pyramid scheme while we are all getting rich off it.

Couple of years old, but still relevant I think.

Morgan writes amazing pieces. I still read his stuff while skimming everything else.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have found myself reading less market commentary and blogs over the past month. Nothing I read is really going to change how I invest so rehashing the same stuff year after year just gets old.
You'd get a higher return on your time if you took a part time job at Home Depot

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd get a higher return on your time if you took a part time job at Home Depot
My retirement plan is working at the local ACE Hardware, shooting the shit and making coffee for the regulars.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My retirement plan is working at the local ACE Hardware, shooting the shit and making coffee for the regulars.
You don't want to be a WalMart greeter or the guy who checks the receipt before you leave.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't want to be a WalMart greeter or the guy who checks the receipt before you leave.
The guy at the local Costco has been with the company since 1987. Clearly stock options aren't offered the receipt checkers otherwise he would be long gone.

There is also popcorn making at the local ACE here so there is that important duty as well. I need to work my on ability to look at a random nut or bolt and be able to find the right fastener for the other end in the huge aisle of all that shit.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I seriously consider opening a coffee shop for retirement, I think that may drain my retirement faster however. Maybe I should just sit at one and read...

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
My wife and I have discussed buying some sort of boutique weed business, like fine chocolates or something. That isn’t a retirement plan as much as a retirement nest egg plan, though.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.