• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live with Paul Kelly of S.E.H. Kelly on Friday, April 10, 7:00 a.m. PDT

Wake up tomorrow and tune in as Peter talks to Paul Kelly of S.E.H Kelly, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 7:00 a.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha ha. I didnt read far enough. I make too much.
Well I'm still not sure how they are going to implement it...

You might get a bunch of money that you'll just have to pay back next april...but depending on your risk tolerance, that's just like getting a free margin account

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm having trouble making sense of the Ben Carlson comment. It's my understanding that CAPE is used to average earnings over a long period of time, so the first number makes sense.

The second number, which does not seem to include a time factor should just be PE unless I’m misunderstanding something?

In any case I think PE is going to be a pretty useless metric for at least a few quarters. PE ratios are going to be super high, unless the market tanks even further, because no one is going to have much to speak of for earnings. And last quarters numbers are pretty irrelevant at the moment in my opinion.

I dislike the 'truth bomb' method of disseminating knowledge so maybe I'm just nit picking.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I dislike the 'truth bomb' method of disseminating knowledge so maybe I'm just nit picking.
AKA 'look at this meaningless statistic that I cherry picked to support my preconceptions'. Not as pithy, though.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did you read the article? The layoffs part seems to be missing.
" if the recovery is as slow as we fear, it means our airline and our workforce will have to be smaller than it is today.”

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my wife’s company furloughed half their staff and the rest had to take a slight reduction in pay to weather the storm. She was saved. PE backed mostly elective medical services company. No one wants you touching their face when you could spread covid

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was talking on Zoom yesterday with a college buddy who has got quite far up the greasy pole on Wall St. His bank sees the economic disruption lasting well into 2021 and has a already swung to big cost cuts (inevitably, mostly from headcount reduction) across the board, in what was originally supposed to be a growth and consolidation year for them. Sucks.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.