Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by mikeman, Feb 2, 2011.

1. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

They didnt get earnings, they had revised guidance. I expected a drop AH, people like me were taking profits. We'll see what it does in the morning.

2. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Sold at 49. Sweet win. Kept the shares = profit I made to let them run. I think it has legs. Love playing with the houses money.

3. Mesta

Mesta Senior Member

4. Slopho

Slopho Distinguished Member

It won't happen.

5. javyn

javyn Stylish Dinosaur

VERY happy with AMRN this week so far. Was waiting for this pop, since the downturn was completely unwarranted.

6. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

daytrading CTAS again on the dip today.

Great earnings, cant believe its down.

7. Saturdays

Saturdays Distinguished Member

aahaa, they are kidding right? It looks at all the positive, and none of the potential negative. Not saying they are 100% wrong, just that they need to write a better article.

8. Slopho

I was going to post about this yesterday regarding ZNGA's potential now real purchase of OMG Pop for basically 1 game.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2012/03/21/zynga-sets-an-ugly-precedent.aspx

A few pages ago I posted how quickly ZNGA was running out of ideas after Farmville and whatever else ville they have going on. Instead of waiting 6 months for this "Draw Something" to become obsolete they decide to shell out 200 million for it. That is why this company, ZNGA, will be under $3 in about 3 years time.

9. javyn

javyn Stylish Dinosaur

Yeah OMGPOP....wtf??? How stupid can they be?!

Way it's looking right now Zynga will never have any organic growth, ever.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012

10. Dbear

Dbear Distinguished Member

Hasn't this always been their course of action? I thought they built their empire by aggressively and blatantly copying other games. Now they have cash from the IPO, they can just buy their competition...

...not saying that this can't work, and I think the stock will ultimately rise some more...but it will most definitely fall (hard) at some point.

11. Slopho

You know, I'm really bearish on a lot of these little companies with these gaming apps. Rovio, the developer behind Angry Birds is a good example. Before AB came out they had 20 or so employees and were on the verge of BK. Then AB became a hit and they hired over 100 new people. From the success of one game?? AB came out in late 09 and you know what I haven't heard since?? "From the studio that brought you the hit Angry Birds comes....this new hit game".

^The problem is they're buying whole studios for one game which will be not be relevant in 6 months....and for what??

12. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior Member

I know I shouldn't really care about the day to day price of ACTC, but that red is starting to get annoying. I'm worried that it'll have a slow drop until the R/S, which could keep the freefall going once the price adjusts... :\ Thoughts on selling now and reentering at a better price point?

13. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

I was looking at that too. Below 9 now? Give us some fucking news already. This is now the biggest loozar % wise in my whole stack.

Call someone slo!

14. mikeman

mikeman Senior Member

God, I hate myself for selling my measly 17 shares of AAPL around 350. I thought I learned my lesson about taking profits, then I get screwed! Have you guys all had those shoulda coulda woulda thought about stocks you held?

Also, do you guys think we will see some sort of huge market correction this year?

Also, would it be dumb to start putting like 300 a month back in to Apple, as thats all I can afford for investing? Or should I just/ wait for something else? Part of me feels like Apple can't keep going up at this rate.

Sorry for all the random questions

15. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Too many times. Just forget it. You made money. No need to beat yourself up. I sold a few shares at 400. Nobody ever lost money taking profits.

Market as a whole, I dont see a huge correction on the technicals, especially with a VIX sitting below 15. We might see some pauses and profit taking but I'm all in every day. Trying to be smart about it by moving profits into GLD, buying down days, selling up days, trying to close day trades intraday.

The fundamentals of AAPL wont be challenged until 700 I think. Lots of analyst ratings at that level and the PE starts to value the stock a bit. If they break out earning like last quarter again, 700 wont be an issue. There isnt value there like there was 2 years ago. The biggest run is over. You'll make money but you missed a lot of it.