• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It is hurtful to demand $10,000 or else all chores shall be withdrawn until further notice. But where money is concerned people do the zaniest things. They won’t lift a finger for your husband’s parents without putting it on their tab. What a way to live! I have received letters from people who charge their parents for driving them to the grocery store or doctor’s appointments. There’s usually a clear line between being there for the people who raised you, and becoming a full- or even part-time care giver. A family meeting might help to air these issues, and address any imbalance or lingering ill-will.
:(

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Reading that all I can think is, "I hope you took an in-kind deduction for steeply discounted and free hours."

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reading that all I can think is, "I hope you took an in-kind deduction for steeply discounted and free hours."
There were a lot of things wrong with that. For people who boast about how much money they make, why the hell do they care what their siblings are getting? Jealous much? I don't know, that just bothered me. Cutting out help for parents is another thing that bothered me about the article.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Parents also strike me as being enablers of the other siblings. Of course, we're only hearing her side, so who knows what is really going on?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
LOL of course she’s from CT.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like Bed Bath and Beyond may soon be visiting the latter destination.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I've made the decision that by year end I'm trimming cash drastically and putting the rest of our reserves into the market. I think Imma wait until the fall and see what happens over the summer and into the elections. I'm thinking 50/50 allocation between a bond fund or ETF and good old SPY.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My cousin and his wife are just a tad younger than I and this weekend we got into a conversation about investing. I always figured that a basic knowledge of products out there and how the markets in general work was common knowledge. It hit me that some smart people out there are absolutely oblivious to such things. Some of the things they were saying were so absolutely stupid I was baffled.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My cousin and his wife are just a tad younger than I and this weekend we got into a conversation about investing. I always figured that a basic knowledge of products out there and how the markets in general work was common knowledge. It hit me that some smart people out there are absolutely oblivious to such things. Some of the things they were saying were so absolutely stupid I was baffled.
what did they say?

Reactions: otc

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.