• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I opened a CIT Bank savings account and I kind of hate it. The interface is terrible and whenever I transfer funds into it it doesn't show them for a long time. It is odd.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marcus is pretty quick for transfers and the interface is simple. My normal bank, Regions, sucks.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just converted all of my capital one 360 savings accounts (formerly ING Direct) to 360 performance savings accounts.

Beyond annoying that I had to switch each account individually (which also means that any external ACH links I had set up at other banks are now broken), but that puts me back at 1.7% and I don't actually have to change banks.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had my Roth IRA with them back in the day when I would try trading individual names.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not even Bat Soup Fever can dent the Dow. We haven't had a 1% down day for 15 weeks, "cash is trash" and that hedge fund dude says boom/bust cycles are permanently a thing of the past. Hmm.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I just converted all of my capital one 360 savings accounts (formerly ING Direct) to 360 performance savings accounts.

Beyond annoying that I had to switch each account individually (which also means that any external ACH links I had set up at other banks are now broken), but that puts me back at 1.7% and I don't actually have to change banks.
They did that to me too. It took me a few months to figure out why my interest rate was so low, they kind of tucked up that transition and really should make us whole.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So I opened a CIT Bank savings account and I kind of hate it. The interface is terrible and whenever I transfer funds into it it doesn't show them for a long time. It is odd.
Yeah, I agree with that, however the rates seem really good. I'm getting ready to transfer out 50k for a brokerage account and I'll let you know how that goes.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The rates are good, but the problem is good rates on chicken feed, is still, sadly, chicken feed.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you guys fidget with your money so much? We have an unprecedented stock market happening right now, just ride it while it lasts. I get people need multiple accounts and such but some of you guys seem like you are at it every other day.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hey, I got shamed into opening my CIT account for my emergency cash stash. First new bank account in 20 years. As to riding the stock market while it lasts...can you give me that exit date so I don't have to hedge with bonds, cash, etc? ;)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pio is the money churner in this thread. I don't touch my long term investments.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, I got shamed into opening my CIT account for my emergency cash stash. First new bank account in 20 years. As to riding the stock market while it lasts...can you give me that exit date so I don't have to hedge with bonds, cash, etc? ;)
Yeah I get that. I thought the same thing about 2 years ago when I was getting paranoid about my gains and almost pulled my money out. Two of my biggest holdings are up over 100% since then.

I will consider trailing stop orders as a (possible) means of hedging against a big crash. I am not quite ready to go there yet.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 84 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 139 29.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.3%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%