• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Also, do you open your fridge door to supplement the A/C.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been thinking of unplugging my fridge and putting a mini fridge inside of it. The only thing I ever have in the thing is dijon mustard and red wine vinegar.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did you grow up in one of those households where your dad was a nazi about turning on the air conditioner? I hated those dads.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I grew up in a house without A/C...cable, only black and white TVs, no car until I bought one for the family...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had a window AC for the longest time so only like 600 sq ft of the house was cool and our room was in the basement.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah before we had central air we had this one unit in the family room that was always on. It was seriously always like 60 degrees in there. I feel like they don't make ACs like they used to. All of this efficiency BS is ruining comfortable rooms.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well actually that is literally steam heat. Those old buildings with steam heat pretty much have two states: on and off.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The discussion about refinancing mortgage I find parallels the discussion about NIRP and some traders push for higher fixed income holdings. Sure if the U.S. follows suite with the rest of the world, fixed income assets will see a momentary upside (speculators) but over the long term, considering inflation, long on equities should still be the core of most investor's portfolio. Funny enough the blog post and author takes quite a u-turn based on latest post.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Peloton IPO tomorrow is going to be an interesting test of the market after the WeWork debacle. Priced at the high end of the range, but maybe that's just a show of defiance from the underwriters.

We have one of their bikes and it's a great product, which honestly doesn't get much use. I'd suspect that's the case for most of the installed base? At what point do you cancel the monthly subscription and just use it as a clothes hanger?

Last edited:

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a Peloton user as well and I wouldn’t touch the stock (although I know one of their investors fairly well and think he knows what he’s doing).

I’m skeptical of their TAM and what happens when the hardware revenue falls off a cliff but I recall they released ridership data and their customers have been increasing usage each year (from like 7 workouts per month to 8 and then 9 in the last three years). My wife and I use ours a fair bit (I used it like 20x per month alone until I hurt my knee).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads