• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Active vs passive investment

AF falls under the former

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yes, and those are the exact funds that I'm planning to get rid of. They're popular with financial advisors, which should tell you something. I inherited mine, I would not have bought into them myself.
Now that's baller. Inheritance must rock.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, and those are the exact funds that I'm planning to get rid of. They're popular with financial advisors, which should tell you something. I inherited mine, I would not have bought into them myself.
Thanks for that. My BIL likely has something in the 6-figures tier up in those....

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah losing a parent is da bomb.
That part sucks but getting stuck with a funeral bill you pay out of your own pocket sucks even more. Ask me how I know.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Don't pick up your phone when you see it's a sibling calling?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Anti-baller inheritance. I can't compete.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight -- Dow is at a record high, jobless claims are near a record low and core CPI was a lot higher than expected last month, but the talk is all about whether the Fed should cut by 25 or 50 basis points? Maybe I can get a refund on my fucking economics degree.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the Fed should leave rates well alone. They are going to want to have ample room to lower rates during whatever downfall we have in the future.

I did read that the segment for working age men specifically has been declining. I am not sure how that is reflected in the overall numbers though.

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excluding the last 10 years, our rates are about the lowest they have ever been. You'd think they would want higher rate to provide that buffer in a recession, but I think it might be a bit late as I fear one is coming end of this year early next year.

But let's be honest, it is political. No politician likes to see rates go up, so they keep pressure on the Fed. I saw a bit of the Congressional testimony this week, and the Congresswoman from the Detroit area was complaiing about the unemployment rate in her district and how it is still above 5% and what monetary tools did they need to help that?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I mean, honestly I would think a politician would like to see rates slowly going up because it means the economy is expanding. Trump doesn't like it because it means tempering of the equity markets, which is probably what he is going to be running on.

The Detroit congresswoman is an idiot.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.