• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Terrible news in GPXM today, entered into a 20M term sheet, details undisclosed. I smell a PIPE coming on. This stock turned into a real ************* for me.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CTC inching up until Lanza speaks this afternoon, then results tomorrow, then phone conference before the bell Friday.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm just thinking that not a lot of retail customers currently pay for 3G service, business people sure, but not your regular joe. I don't think that many will pay for 4G either.
Do you want me to get you some cop money.

Yeah right now carriers are the biggest threat to appl I think. People will pay $30 for the data plan on an Iphone. they ability to post idiotic things on facebook, check email, gps etc > $30. However if you had an iphone already, you wanna pay another $360 for tablet 3 or 4g? for most people that's a no go. $720/year just on data is expensive

The other thing too is many people who did signed up like a 2 year contract and got their ipad 2 cheaper. I don't think they can just jump out of their contract without paying $$, and If they were able to switch their contract from the ipad2 to ipad 3, they wouldn't get a subsidized ipad3 and have to pay full retail.

The cops in surrounding cities all get paid 100k base salary pretty much the moment they finish trainee status(trainee's make 77k). I was watching the news a few weeks ago during dinner and they were saying how some cities laid off hundreds of police, and how crime will go up blah blah blah. I was thinking that sucks to be laid off but now I'm thinking when I first got out of college I took a job that paid like 40k just to pay off some student loans, Shoulda just been a police officer and not have to grind my way to the top at such crap salaries.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GLUU about to be mentioned on "Fast Money" on CNBC. Hope this brings volume tomorrow.

Closed down for no reason, but, reverse head and shoulders pattern intact. Last time I held a stock that precipitously dropped like this for no reason was International Steel Group the day before it was bought out by Mittal Steel. Maybe I'll get lucky with some big news in the morning. heh.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GLU Mobile running like a champ after De Masi spoke on CNBC's Fast Money last night. Says watch for an Apple announcement on Mar 7 to set GLUU on fire! I'm thinking....when they announce the iPad 3 and/or new Apple TV, GLUU games will be showcased front and center!

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CTC is going for a R/S, don't worry we're uplisting.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

linds_15

Reaction score
curious as to what people opinions on this are. i have ~10K to play with before i have to pay it back and don't pay it back for another 1.5 years. Thoughts on where I should put it...

seattlesf

Reaction score
I've audited police departments in major cities. Many experienced officers make close to $150k or more with overtime. Their bases are all sub $100k for the most part.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

curious as to what people opinions on this are. i have ~10K to play with before i have to pay it back and don't pay it back for another 1.5 years. Thoughts on where I should put it...

honestly in a bank CD or seomthing with 0 risk. shouldn't mess around with money you don't have

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow. I'm absolutely shocked that cops are paid this much.

WTF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads