1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by mikeman, Feb 2, 2011.

1. javyn

javyn Senior member

Terrible news in GPXM today, entered into a 20M term sheet, details undisclosed. I smell a PIPE coming on. This stock turned into a real piece of shit for me.

2. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

CTC inching up until Lanza speaks this afternoon, then results tomorrow, then phone conference before the bell Friday.

3. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

Yeah right now carriers are the biggest threat to appl I think. People will pay $30 for the data plan on an Iphone. they ability to post idiotic things on facebook, check email, gps etc > $30. However if you had an iphone already, you wanna pay another $360 for tablet 3 or 4g? for most people that's a no go. $720/year just on data is expensive

The other thing too is many people who did signed up like a 2 year contract and got their ipad 2 cheaper. I don't think they can just jump out of their contract without paying $$, and If they were able to switch their contract from the ipad2 to ipad 3, they wouldn't get a subsidized ipad3 and have to pay full retail.

The cops in surrounding cities all get paid 100k base salary pretty much the moment they finish trainee status(trainee's make 77k). I was watching the news a few weeks ago during dinner and they were saying how some cities laid off hundreds of police, and how crime will go up blah blah blah. I was thinking that sucks to be laid off but now I'm thinking when I first got out of college I took a job that paid like 40k just to pay off some student loans, Shoulda just been a police officer and not have to grind my way to the top at such crap salaries.

4. javyn

javyn Senior member

GLUU about to be mentioned on "Fast Money" on CNBC. Hope this brings volume tomorrow.

Closed down for no reason, but, reverse head and shoulders pattern intact. Last time I held a stock that precipitously dropped like this for no reason was International Steel Group the day before it was bought out by Mittal Steel. Maybe I'll get lucky with some big news in the morning. heh.

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Cops making 100K?

Please.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Cops routinely make 100k plus due to overtime. A good amount is real, some may be gamed.

LULU at $70.5 today :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:
    :rotflmao:

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

GLU Mobile running like a champ after De Masi spoke on CNBC's Fast Money last night. Says watch for an Apple announcement on Mar 7 to set GLUU on fire! I'm thinking....when they announce the iPad 3 and/or new Apple TV, GLUU games will be showcased front and center!

8. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

9. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

CTC is going for a R/S, don't worry we're uplisting.

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

do you mean reverse stock split to get back on the nyse?

11. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

Nope, they're going to the Nas.

12. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

curious as to what people opinions on this are. i have ~10K to play with before i have to pay it back and don't pay it back for another 1.5 years. Thoughts on where I should put it...

13. seattlesf

seattlesf Senior member

I've audited police departments in major cities. Many experienced officers make close to $150k or more with overtime. Their bases are all sub $100k for the most part.

14. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

honestly in a bank CD or seomthing with 0 risk. shouldn't mess around with money you don't have

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

wow. I'm absolutely shocked that cops are paid this much.

WTF.