• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

talk me out of buying RRL at full retail, please

TDV

Reaction score
damn you should have tried the SF mall or ebay first to see if you could find your size for less, what did you pay like $250? ouch

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a lot of RRL shirts size small that I need to unload. Willing to sell them for good price. I really need to get them sold though so if anyone wants to talk about these send me a PM.

robot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TDV
damn you should have tried the SF mall or ebay first to see if you could find your size for less, what did you pay like $250? ouch

True, it's not ideal, but you can only wait so long searching SF:FS and eBay for a difficult-to-find size. I somehow convinced the SA to give me a small discount, so I guess I didn't technically pay full retail.

pridecake

Reaction score
i can definitely agree with that. The perfect deal may be out there, but it's not always worth waiting months and months for it to come. Just bite the bullet and get what you want. Hope you're satisfied with the jeans at least

prajna12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I deal almost exclusively in RL prducts, including RRL. I wanted a pair of RAW striaght leg and ended up buying on F$^&ing ebay b/c I couldn't find them myself. It's true that with Barneys selling RRL now, they're getting A LOT of it - I say if you want something specific for RRL these days, at least in RAW or one wash, you might as weel just buy retail and get it over with. And I NEVER pay retail...

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L.A. guys:

The RRL store on Melrose is having a sale on select merchandise right now, not much but better than nothing, and are having a little party/mixer at the store Saturday night from 6pm-9pm.

TDV

Reaction score
will co-op stores sell RRL? Did barneys sell RRL in the past? RRL has been around for like 15 years figured barneys would have sold them at one point or another.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
L.A. guys:

The RRL store on Melrose is having a sale on select merchandise right now, not much but better than nothing, and are having a little party/mixer at the store Saturday night from 6pm-9pm.

Ha. You got my message, huh? 30% off on Saturday plus an additional 15% off from 6-9. Drinks and food provided and there might be a few surprises. I've got a few things going on that day but I'm definitely swinging by if anyone's interested on having an informal meet.
Originally Posted by TDV
will co-op stores sell RRL? Did barneys sell RRL in the past? RRL has been around for like 15 years figured barneys would have sold them at one point or another.
RRL isn't a typical brand so it wouldn't necessarily make sense that barney's would carry them. Still, there's a rumor floating around...

Personally, I doubt it affects this forum. Farinelli's can do special orders on RRL pieces no one else carries.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
one of the biggest issues with RRL is they want to keep their stuff on the down low - no advertising that you carry it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads