1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Talk about unaffiliated retailers here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by toothsomesound, Feb 18, 2009.

1. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

The store just put up APC and it looks real good.

2. qma

qma Senior member

yep good apc, looks much better than apc's own awfull lookbook.

also those opening ceremony chukkas, I need.

3. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Hi, have any of you purchased recently from Tres Bien? Just wondering if anyone has been hit with brokerage fees and duties/taxes and how much it was for how much you spent. I was under the impression that FedEX international shipments included brokerage already, and only duties/taxes have to be paid, which I am absolutely fine with. Located in Vancouver Canada by the way!

Finally, anyone have a discount code for this place?

4. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I'm not sure about Canada but US customers don't get billed customs.

Also, I'd like to rescind my comment above about being a 36 and never buying size M. I have a bunch of OL from the past 2 seasons and with all of the shirts marked 'fits slim' on TBS, I go up to size M. The chest measurement on these is right around 20" for the M.

5. touchthesky

touchthesky Senior member

I'm also interested to know if any Canadians have ordered from TBS and been hit with customs.

6. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

i've ordered from them a couple of times, and have never had to pay duties/tax. they just hand it over. BUT i have gotten an invoice from fedex for some amount that is way less than duties/taxes would have been. i forget what it was for, must have been brokerage fees or something...

7. bowvalley2000

bowvalley2000 Senior member

I've found the duty fees to be random. That is, sometimes you get nailed but mostly no fees are assigned. I think with the government needing more money, more packages will be assigned fees.

8. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Has anyone had any problems returning something to TBS? I shipped a pair of pants back via the USPS exactly three weeks ago and they still haven't received them. I should have gotten a tracking number, but alas it would have been even more expensive so I didn't. Has anyone else had issues with returns being held up in customs?

9. chanimal

chanimal Senior member

ive ordered from toronto twice in the last 4-6 months and have been hit with duty both times.

10. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

If you are in Canada don't use any other courier besides the national one. Duties for fedex, ups (especially ups), and puralator can double the item's cost.

I once bought an actuarial science exam book for 120 and duties on it were like 100. I said fuck that and didn't pay so I don't know what became of that.

11. Rolfi

Rolfi Senior member

Has anyone had any problems returning something to TBS? I shipped a pair of pants back via the USPS exactly three weeks ago and they still haven't received them. I should have gotten a tracking number, but alas it would have been even more expensive so I didn't. Has anyone else had issues with returns being held up in customs?

i once returned a pair of shoes from germany and it took 2 weeks or so till i got my money back, so i imagine it would take longer from the US

12. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

i once returned a pair of shoes from germany and it took 2 weeks or so till i got my money back, so i imagine it would take longer from the US

Yeah I just got an email this morning telling me that they received me package, 22 days after I sent it.

13. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Chanimal, were you hit with duties on the full amount? Was it a lot? I thought Tres Bien marked down package values?

ive ordered from toronto twice in the last 4-6 months and have been hit with duty both times.

14. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

They just shipped to me fedex so I am pretty much certain that I'll be hit with a brokerage fee. UPS and Fedex are fucking horrendous excuses for businesses. If you ship something to me from the USA using any service besides USPS, I will almost certainly ask for my money back.

15. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

I believe FedEX International shipments include the brokerage fee in the shipping cost. It's only if you get it shipped via FedEX Ground that you have to pay additional brokerage fees on top of the shipping cost.

They just shipped to me fedex so I am pretty much certain that I'll be hit with a brokerage fee. UPS and Fedex are fucking horrendous excuses for businesses. If you ship something to me from the USA using any service besides USPS, I will almost certainly ask for my money back.

16. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Well, let's hope you're right. Most of my shipping experience comes from US to Canada, within Canada, USPS within USA and Royal Mail within the UK, which ship to my proxies. So really the only international service to Canada I have to worry about is US to Can and if it's shipped USPS it's awesome. If it's UPS or Fedex, it goes smoothly exactly 0% of the time.

17. ahk1979

ahk1979 Senior member

When I lived in Canada I used to order from TBS all the time and when they started sending packages using Fedex (they used to just use Swedish Post) I would always get charged customs fees. Sometimes I would have to pay them to the driver when he/she delivered the packages, but most of the time I would receive a bill a few weeks later. It was always for the same amount (about $25) because TBS would always mark the packages down to the same amount.

18. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

^Yeah I get those from Fedex as well. I haven't bothered to pay a single one yet. They hand them off to a collection agency. It's pretty god damned hilarious, as if anyone's going to go draw up a G-order for $31.25.

19. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

^Yeah I get those from Fedex as well. I haven't bothered to pay a single one yet. They hand them off to a collection agency. It's pretty god damned hilarious, as if anyone's going to go draw up a G-order for $31.25.

Aren't there repercussions for having things sent to collections? I don't know how it works in Canada, but I think that sort of thing shows up on our credit reports here in the US.

20. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

Yes, it does damage credit rating. I am completely not credit worthy in any case as a result of student debt. By the time I'm out from under that I will be in excellent shape credit-wise, though I don't intend to debt finance much in my life as I don't have any designs on a mortgage.