1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Talk about unaffiliated retailers here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by toothsomesound, Feb 18, 2009.

1. coretic

coretic Well-Known Member

^ yeah I e-mailed ervell and they said OC ordered an XS in the navy. So hopefully it's still there

do you really think I'd fit in the S? it's probably cheaper if i order through tb

OC got their Ervell knitwear in probably a month ago , so theres a strong chance it might be gone.

Damn,whats with all the retailers snubbing the red/navy/yellow fair isle sweater over the green/blue one ?

2. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Senior member

Pulled the trigger on the SNS naval. Might grab the stark too if I like the naval.

So stoked right now, waiting for it to arrive. I can't decide if it's the best or worst part of buying clothes online. A little bit of both I think.

3. goldfish12

goldfish12 Member

4. obiter dictum

Quite happy with the SNS naval. Perfect length for taller dudes (I'm 6'5"). The sizing is definitely slim. With most stuff I'm a medium, but large was a good fit in this. Decent quality wool, pretty smooth and not itchy at all.

Two small quibbles: The sleeves are a bit big (at least compared to the body), but it isn't really noticeable. The neck is also a bit weird. It's very wide, but at the same time shallow, so it can be somewhat uncomfortable on the front of the neck if I don't pull it forward every once in a while.

Delivery from Tres Bien was superfast (3 days), even for the short distance from Sweden to Norway.

5. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

From twitter.com/TresBienShop:

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

As am I, it's just funny how it takes everyone awhile to adjust to things like sheep once they gain acceptance. I guess that's to be expected when you live in the middle of nowhere with no access to stuff. I bet in a year everyone is going to start carrying margaret howell too lol.

First piece I bought was 2 years ago after seeing them myself first hand and just now everyone is on the jock.

PS. Nobody really buys schneider well.

There aren't that many things I'd wear and I've seen full seasons (at Stephen Schneider shop in Antwerp). He's really good though and I might get some grey pants.

7. dron10

dron10 Active Member

I want to get this SNS Herning sweater (http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/s...eck-purple.php) and I'm not sure what size to get. I'm 6'1, 160lbs with a 36 inch chest. I'm not sure if I should go with a medium or a large. I emailed Tres Bien and they recommended a large but if a large fits obiter dictum who is 6'5 I have a feeling it's going to be huge. Should I get a medium?

8. obiter dictum

The large is slightly roomy for my 38-39" chest, so I'd definitely go for a medium if I had a 36" chest. However I don't know if the two styles fit the same.

9. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Obiter, did you get hit by customs fees when you bough from there?

10. obiter dictum

No, but I would expect to be. I guess customs didn't look too closely at the package.

11. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

The large is slightly roomy for my 38-39" chest, so I'd definitely go for a medium if I had a 36" chest. However I don't know if the two styles fit the same.

perhaps it (whatever piece your talking about) was made to stretch when worn? I wouldn't recommend someone with a 36" chest buy a medium in anything. I'm a 36 btw

12. 8bpc

8bpc Senior member

Seems comments are mixed on customs fees. For those in the US that have order here, what was your experience with customs fees? I was thinking of taking advantage of the free shipping that ends tomorrow.

13. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I've ordered from them several times and have never been hit with a customs bill. It might have something to do with the fact that they go through FedEx?

14. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

Yeah, I ordered an EG shirt from them last week and there was no custom fees for me. I've never received an international package via FedEx before so I'm not sure if I was just lucky or that there are no customs/brokerage fees.

15. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

fedex shpments usa to uk always incur customs fees as they declare the value of your goods and pay the fee for you in order to get the shipment through customs more quickly. they then charge you a £10 fee for the priviledge. i have a bill for £63 in front of me for £200 worth of goods.

16. the shah

the shah Senior member

fedex shpments usa to uk always incur customs fees as they declare the value of your goods and pay the fee for you in order to get the shipment through customs more quickly. they then charge you a £10 fee for the priviledge. i have a bill for £63 in front of me for £200 worth of goods.

why not just ship by sea then, if of course timeliness is not important? port to port?

17. 8bpc

8bpc Senior member

I am a little confused are you saying TBS figures the fees into your final price, part of which covers the fees that they have already paid for you? Just want to confirm since I'm considering an order to the US.

18. sexonfabric

sexonfabric Senior member

I am a little confused are you saying TBS figures the fees into your final price, part of which covers the fees that they have already paid for you? Just want to confirm since I'm considering an order to the US.

no, fedex do this. not TBS. trade is free in europe so i assume ordering from them in the uk would not incur such fees.

19. darkie_one

darkie_one Senior member

Don't know about leather ones, but my grey suede Opening Ceremony desert boots look real nice. And I've got them from Tres Bien with zero shipping costs [​IMG]

20. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Any discount codes?