Talbots for men

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by clarinetplayer, Aug 20, 2003.

1. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

While in Washington DC and Northern Virginia a few weeks ago, I noticed an announcement in the Tysens Corners mall that a Talbots for men store would be opening soon. I swear that my wife, alone, keeps Talbots in the profit margin. [​IMG] Does anyone know what we can expect from the men's stores?

2. hermes

hermes Senior member

i honestly can't imagine and can only think of jones new york for men as a comparison

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Talbots for men? Really. I went into a Talbots once, out of curiousity, and it struck me that most of the women shopping there looked like either Margaret Thatcher or the Queen (Elizabeth). So I imagine that the Talbot man will look pretty similar to whatever Prince George (is that right? Brits on the forum?) and to whomever the poor sod is that married Maggie [​IMG]

4. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

I am not a Brit but I believe it is Prince Phillip and Dennis Thatcher, and that Mr. Thatcher died just a few months ago. And I don't know any women under 45 who shop at Talbots, so I doubt I'll be visiting the new men's store anytime soon.

5. JLM

JLM Member

Judging by what's displayed on their website, it's crap.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It seems I'm in the minority but from their website it doesn't seem that bad. Of course nothing to celebrate about but it's nothing repulsive. Something truly scary would be a clothing line by that fitness person Richard Simmons.