1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Taking up suit sleeves from the shoulder?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by grimslade, Dec 9, 2006.

1. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

No matter which end of the sleeves is altered, it's a fairly simple job and I've never had even the least bit of dissatisfaction with the result of either.

My point is that sometimes we imagine alterations are of monstrous proportions when they're handled routinely by tailors. So the first person I ask is the tailor, not my friends.

There's something to that, but the tailor is a conflicted party, and not always reliable, IME.

Yes, a_tailor, I should get them done. I just need to find the time. It will be in time for Fall, anyway. [​IMG]

2. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Just to inform everyone, but especially a_tailor, who seemed concerned about it, that I dropped off both of my Isaias to Cardelino on Friday for sleeve shortening and cuffing, etc. I did not ask for working buttonholes, as I'd like to make sure the suits fit first.

3. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

Just to inform everyone, but especially a_tailor, who seemed concerned about it, that I dropped off both of my Isaias to Cardelino on Friday for sleeve shortening and cuffing, etc. I did not ask for working buttonholes, as I'd like to make sure the suits fit first.

from the sleeves?

4. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

from the sleeves?

No, from the bottom. The suit that started this thread was a Vestimenta (which I happen to be wearing today) picked up at Barney's Warehouse a couple of years ago, which already (grr) had open buttonholes. I wouldn't dream of having somebody rip up the shoulders of these isaias, and anyway they had basted sleeves with no holes, so there would have been no reason to.