• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taking the girlfriend to New York for Christmas / New Years.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to biddingfortravel.com, 4* hotels in Midtown West are going for about $120 on Priceline in that time period.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ersatzmoe
These tips are great. Circle Line is totally booked, but I'm going to call up and try to figure a way in.

I'm looking forward to going to One if by Land, their menu looks great.

We decided to fly to Atlantic City for the night (24th) and then drive/bus into NYC. Is there any recommendations on places/resorts/great stuff to see in Atlantic City?

white house subs: http://www.roadfood.com/reviews/overview.aspx?refid=125

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will need more info on the sex parties.

Any specific bars that are great for just relaxing and quiet lounging that you can recommend from your experience?

old town, mcsorleys (seriously - off hours), chumleys (ditto, if it's open yet?), molly's

*skip 1 if by land...

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Wow, chumleys is still around?

their bldg (or next door?) was in danger of collapse or something & they had to shut down for structural renovations - that was a couple of years ago. why would you be surprised that it's still around?

* nice avatar, although i thought you would've gone w/ the 'all hail lennon & marx'....

zillka

Reaction score
Will need more info on the sex parties. Any specific bars that are great for just relaxing and quiet lounging that you can recommend from your experience?
'it' spot - simyone makes for a good lounge, good pick up for a 3rd or 4th for group sex if you're more irish pubby type - coppersmith's is great and surprisingly local despite being in midtown eat = the little owl...i love this place, used to be my regular when i was in the nabe... despite being surrounded by west village/meatpacking pretentiousness it remains intimate, friendly, and casual.. hotels = the london nyc..location sucks if you're a downtown hipster emo, but you get a suite (ie french doors separate living room from bedroom = no neighbors hear your group sex) for the same price as a nice hotel room...i've been to other london hotels in other cities, and ny is the only one that carries these 'suites' as regular rooms 'hip' spots to avoid since they're overdone or just hype - smith&wollensky, tenjune, stk, the standard, pink elephant if you want a nice park stroll and find central park too daunting or crowded check out the high line park

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads