• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

taking out a boss's relative that's in town

dmass1

Senior Member
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
254
Reaction score
1
So I've been asked to take out a boss' (not my direct boss, but a senior manager at my office) cousin and show her around my city.

The girl is around my age (mid 20's) and she is coming in with some friends of hers - all girls. She also gave us both each others facebook info and phone numbers, but basically left it up to me to get in contact with very little background.

Has anyone been in this situation before? How did you handle it?

She seems like she parties and might be a little bit "easy", but I really do not want go too wild and do something I might regret for my jobs sake. At the same time I feel some pressure to take them out and show these girls a good time because there's a bunch of them coming in for a crazy weekend. Hopefully her friends are hot...
 

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
19,765
Reaction score
2,698
Arrange to meet a a bar and have a few drinks and then bail! Let them go wild and loco w/o you.
OR, man up and tell your boss that you are busy that day!!
 

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 27, 2006
Messages
10,128
Reaction score
2,465
Two words: Vincent. Vega.

lefty
 

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
39,851
Reaction score
28,240
lefty beat me to it.
 

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
33,511
Reaction score
12,028
Don't be rude. Drink your drink. But drink it quickly. Then say goodnight, go home, jerk off, and that's all you gonna do.
 

ama

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Messages
3,823
Reaction score
54
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Don't be rude. Drink your drink. But drink it quickly. Then say goodnight, go home, jerk off, and that's all you gonna do.

+1

Hit it if you are in the mood to go job shopping come Monday.
 

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
18
Originally Posted by ter1413
Arrange to meet a a bar and have a few drinks and then bail! Let them go wild and loco w/o you.

In this situation does he run the risk of getting shit if something bad goes down after he left? Like they run wild and end up getting lost in the city and wake up in some weird place because of it.
 

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
1,759
Reaction score
20
I would get in contact with her, and ask what her plans are for the weekend. I bet she has some thoughts about what she wants to do, at which point you can say that you can help them navigate around town. I would stay with them and make sure they do alright though.
 

Logan

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2011
Messages
592
Reaction score
2
If you end up sleeping with her, why would she tell your boss?
 

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Nov 17, 2008
Messages
30,530
Reaction score
6,157
Originally Posted by paco_deluca
1. Hit it
2. take photos of said cousin
3. post to style forum
4. profit


Theeeeeeeeeere we go.
 

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
12,033
Reaction score
857
Originally Posted by dmass1
So I've been asked to take out a boss' (not my direct boss, but a senior manager at my office) cousin and show her around my city.

The girl is around my age (mid 20's) and she is coming in with some friends of hers - all girls. She also gave us both each others facebook info and phone numbers, but basically left it up to me to get in contact with very little background.

Has anyone been in this situation before? How did you handle it?

She seems like she parties and might be a little bit "easy", but I really do not want go too wild and do something I might regret for my jobs sake. At the same time I feel some pressure to take them out and show these girls a good time because there's a bunch of them coming in for a crazy weekend. Hopefully her friends are hot...


Send a fb message and introduce yourself and your mission. Ask what she likes. Take her out for a few hours - some classy stuff, dinner with drinks then a chill cocktail place. If she (or preferably her friend) wants to kick it with you then proceed to something rowdier/sexier. If not, give some suggestions for places to check out and be on your merry way.
 

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
5,834
Reaction score
1,382
This sounds like an unusual situation. Do you think your boss is trying to set you and her on a date?
 

dmass1

Senior Member
Joined
May 20, 2009
Messages
254
Reaction score
1
I don't really know, but I doubt it seeing as this girl doesn't even live in my state. I think the boss just learned about her coming to town and figured that I'm around her age and could show her and her friends a good time.

To be honest, I don't really want to play host during my free time, but I was kind of caught off guard.. Boss asked if I would be in town and had any plans in two weeks and I didn't so I told the truth. I can tell this girl and her friends aren't the type of people I usually hang out with and I'm sure vice versa. I guess ill just make contact and play it by ear...
 

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 16 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 74 16.8%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 144 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 74 16.8%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 36 8.2%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 26 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 15 3.4%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 9 2.0%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 13 3.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 3 0.7%
  • 100+

    Votes: 27 6.1%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,533
Messages
9,199,909
Members
193,216
Latest member
Reneeiesth

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top