• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taking a trip to napoli

cosme62

Reaction score
am planning a short trip to Naples in about two weeks, is there any point in looking for outlets for borrelli, kiton etc? I stumbled into the signless Armani warehouse near como about a month ago i simply laughed ****** off, the italians truly think that tourists are cretins, unfortunately the long lines at checkout somehow prove them right, outrageous prices on goods anywhere between 4-8 years old arrrrgg so any ideas for Naples ...anyone?

arvi

Reaction score
i have been to italy many times and twice to napoli.i've shopped a lot but never at any discount outlets..one observation i've made: for the most part,italian men don't wear armani..i think armani is is for the tourists and the celebrities who probably don't even have to pay for it..

operationexpat

Reaction score
Please don't leave Naples without having *real* pizza and Aglianico. Preferably together
smile.gif

Sara

bryce330

Reaction score
I can't really think of any outlet stores in or near Naples, but there's plenty of great shopping. The Borrelli store is quite a bit bigger than the stores in NYC, Milan, or Rome. There's also a store on via Calabritto called Spatarella (spelling may be off) that has a good selection of Barba, Borrelli, etc. Don't miss Marinella for ties and Merolla & de l'Oro for shirts. There's also a Finamore store.

The only Borrelli outlet store that I am aware of is the one in the big outlet mall south of Milan.

darkoak

Reaction score
Bryce, how are prices at the Borrelli store compared to the NYC one?

bryce330

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darkoak
Bryce, how are prices at the Borrelli store compared to the NYC one?

They are quite a bit cheaper - last time I was in Italy the prices started around 200 Euros and went up from there. Most of the shirts were in the range of 220-240 Euros (about $250-$280 after VAT refund).

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone been back to Napoli recently with some good ideas?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Anyone been back to Napoli recently with some good ideas?

Rubinacci has a warehouse where things are stockpiled, including their old RTW lines. They still have many deerstalkers.

Oh: and be sure to take in the Vesuvial vapors.

- B

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Was in Napoli twice in the past 2 months... right now everything is 50% - 70% off so it's a good time to go. Of course the deals we have at eHABERDASHER are better than anything you would find there at retail!
wink.gif

Just be mindful of your surroundings and don't wear an expensive watch... it still is not a very safe city especially for tourists - lots of banditos abound!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
... it still is not a very safe city especially for tourists - lots of banditos abound!

Speaking of which, I though Signor Borrelli was enroute to incarceration?

- B

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ for what crime?

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm picturing the place to be somewhat like the movie gomorra but with trash
smile.gif
j/k Do you know if there are any places worth visiting near the train station? I'm not going to have much time there and it looks like the Borrelli and other stores are pretty far from the train station.
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
Was in Napoli twice in the past 2 months... right now everything is 50% - 70% off so it's a good time to go. Of course the deals we have at eHABERDASHER are better than anything you would find there at retail!
wink.gif
Just be mindful of your surroundings and don't wear an expensive watch... it still is not a very safe city especially for tourists - lots of banditos abound!

Wicky

Reaction score
First of all, the saldi (discounts uo to 70%) Ehaberdasher refers to are likely over when you arive in Naples. Nevertheless good deals can be found as retail is generally lower and as a US resident you may benefit from the tax refunds (Italy levies 20% VAT that is refundable if you are non EU resident). Borrelli shirts in Italy start well below € 200 but check out Barba and Finamore that are significantly less then in the US. Barba for example can be acquired as from for € 160 upwards.

Besides the usual suspects, Borrelli store (indeed quite big compared to other Borrelli stores), Attolini has a small store, Finamore and Marinella (ties, scarfs etc.), both around the corner of the Borrelli store.

Some recommendations, Bryce allready mentioned one of them:

Ro.Pa (Napoli) - Centro Direzionale Isola E/2, 80100 Napoli

Men collection
Allegri, Aquascutum, Barba, Brioni, Canali, Della Ciana, Gran Sasso, Herno, Kiton, Isaia, Luigi Borrelli, Pal Zileri, Piacenza Cashmere, Tagliatore, Zanella

Shoes & Accessoiresi
Aquascutum, Brioni, Canali, Kiton

Spatarella (Napoli) - Via Calabritto 1 and/or Via Scarlatti 29/B

Men collection
Alberto Aspesi, Barba, Della Ciana, Jacob Cohen, Luigi Borrelli, Incotex,Sartoria Partenopea

De Matteo (Napoli) - Piazza N.Amore 14/16 (Centro)

Men collection
Alexander McQueen, Armani Collezioni, Armani Jeans, Brian Dales, Brooks Brothers, Brunello Cucinelli, Burberry, Corneliani, Della Ciana, Ermanno Scervino, Etro, Frankie Morello, Incotex, Kangra, Jacob Cohen, Jeckerson, Just Cavalli, La Martina, Mauro Grifoni, Missoni, Peuterey, Piero Gazzarrini, Polo Ralph Lauren, Raffaele Caruso, Refrigiwear, Woolrich, 9.2

Marino (Napoli) - Contatti Via dei Mille 6/8

Men collection
Fedeli, Incotex, Orian, Raffaele Caruso

Shoes & Accessori
Santoni

Attolini (Napoli)
Attolini has had a small shop one block off of Via Filangieri (Vico Vetriera, 12).

Good luck!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads